OtakuBoards

what video game do you think would make a good anime

ninj4_monkey

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote] That was one of things I did like about the game - they didn't change any famous Disney characters to fit Square, or any Square characters to fit Disney standards.. Hopefully an anime would keep the same theme going. ^_~[/quote]

Actually they kind of did. I honestly did not like what they did to Sephiroth and Squall. What they did to Cloud was actually kind of liveable though =P. Really most RPGs could be turned into a anime and probably be pretty successful RPGs already have the whole character development thing going for them and usually have a complex yet interestng storyline. I'd love to see Xenogears anime now that'd be off the hook.

ZELDA ZEDLA ZELDA!

well, to be specific the Oracle games, Seasons and Ages. they are easy to fallow and if you take out the dungeons and add like quests or rivalsries then it would work out great. but who knows? what are they concocting in thier video gamed up hed back in Japan?

(A little piece of fact: when the people in Good Charlotte were little thier favoraite game was The Legend of Zelda.)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by khurram89 [/i]
[B]Final Fantaaasy DEFINATLY [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]See, now this is spam and it is going to be deleted. Please go and visit the OtakuBoards Information Center and read the rules on post quality.

And that goes for most of the rest of you, too. The posts of some of you people are atrocious. Please look at the others that are coherent and follow their leads. Thank you.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zap29 [/i]
[B]I think Kingdom hearts would make a good Anime...they already have a manga... [/B][/QUOTE]

Manga? I don't think so...

A kingdom hearts anime isn't a good idea. I mean, look how disney characters would be treated. It doesn't look so good to change Mickey's and every disbey character's well...... image.

A FF X or X-2 anime would be soooo good. Though FF X would freak me out (I.....don't......like......seeing.......seymour......kissing......Yuna.... and....seeing....it....again.....in....every....rerun...of...it's...EPISODE!!!!!!!) AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *goes insane and destroys his ps2*. Ahh, no more seymour. *evil grin*

A FF VIII anime wouldn't be bad. The XATM-092 robot would look cool. :D

I think Metal Gear Solid would make a good anime. It wouldn't be a series though, but a feature length movie, ala Vamp. Hunter D or Akira. The sequels could be handled similiarly. It would have the same kind of animation as Akira or Vamp. Hunter D (ie good) and would either take exactly from the plot or modify it somewhat.

The video game that should have its own anime is.......Kingdom Hearts!! I love sora ^^

Soul Caliber II would be incredibly awesome as well....I can see it now...::weird dazed-out expression:: yup.....thats great........

I don't know if anyone said it yet, but... [b]Castlevania[/b] would make an awesome movie.

It could be vampire hunter d with an awesome human lead role and an army of darkness to destroy with dracula himself as the lead villian.

Yeah, that would be my pick... I know there are others... (cant think)

Guest Zankouken
I would like to see Kingdom Hearts come into an animated movie. A mixture of Japanese anime and Disney cartoons would be rather interesting.

I was at fye today, and i forget which., but one of the final fantasys has it's own anime. just so you know, oh and it has 5 (i think) dvds. but as an update, i think Super Mario Suynshoine would make a good anime. don't ask. its a new idea that comes to me when i have too much caffine.

Well, I would have to agree with Xenosaga being made into a series. However, it probably should not follow the story of the game (as the series is 5 or 6 episodes long) and should probably be told from someone else's point of view. (Can you say...Albedo?)

Dynasty Warriors sounds cool too, but it's another one of those theories of adaptation. Right now, I'm comparing the novel to the game, and so I wonder how an anime would compare to that.

I'm sort of surprised no one mentioned this already, but Disgaea could cut it as an anime series. (Well, it is mostly anime already.) The parts that I played already sounded like fun, and it would be pretty cool if I could watch it on TV.

I would have to say Legend of Dragoon. That was one of the only Turn Based RPGs that i could stand to play. Even the FFs proved to be to, just...um... ahck, for lack of a better word. LoD would just be cool to watch, it would probably make a decent 13 or 26 episode series.

And another game that would be fitting as an anime is Deus Ex, it would appeal to me at least. Big Fan of the modern/Near Future Animes, all of the characters in that game as anime incarnations would be pretty interesting to see. All the cyborgs runnin' around investigating stuff. Man, this is beginning to sound like Ghost in the Shell...

And just to pay homage to my love for Dungeons and Dragons, any of the BioWare DnD games, Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, and Neverwinter Nights. Wouldnt Be anime, i think it would just get repetitive. But I would watch it...

I totally agree with CrH about Metal Gear Solid and how it should become an animated movie, but i think another great idea, would be one of the games from the Legacy of Kain Series, perhaps all 4 :P Soul Calibur 2 as well, lol. Most of the games i think would qualify for a hit series have been mentioned, so im outta here.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinji-Kun [/i]
[B]They should make Devil May Cry into an anime. I mean, it already has a comic book. [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree. As soon as I seen this thread Devil May Cry came to mind. I love the game...it being an anime would kick *****. I would also like to see a FFX anime....I haven't played any other final fantasy and I like the characters in this one....and then if there's a FFX anime....we'll have to have a FFX-2 anime YAY! :love2:

there already is Suikoden demon century made but i'm not sure if it is based on any other Suikodens but an anime based on Suikoden 1 or 2 would be nice, a bit like monster rancher or Pokemon or something.

A Hogs of War game would be nice or at least cute as an anime.

Oh and one last thing, If they create a bad Kingdom Hearts anime then those who wanted it shall have the words BAKU BAKU BAKU BAKU imprinted on their heads

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoBakura [/i]
[B]I'd like to see an FF7 or FF9 as an anime. But I would love to see a Tekkan movie. Preferably computer animated. The intro to Tekkan Tag Tournament looks like a trailer for a movie. [/B][/QUOTE]

There already is a tekken animated movie which sucks, although it would be good if they made a half decent Tekken movie.

[font=arial]I would really enjoy a Brave Fencer Musashi anime. It will always be one of my favorite games, regardless of its graphics, and the fact that most every name in it has something to do with food.

They way the game is set up would make it a great anime too. (I wanna see an animated Dark Lumina 3! Gimme!)[/font]

• 2 weeks later...
I'd love to see a Diablo anime. The storyline in the game (or at least the sequel of it) was superb, but an entire series could be made of it.

Just following the adventures of any one of the different types of heroes, or even a bands of them, would make for great viewing. It would be a little dark for most people as an anime, yet it would make a change from all of the futuristic, light-hearted, and vampire animes that seem to predominate.

Though the series is not Japanese at all, I really think it has great potential for being a series.

Guest ScirosDarkblade
Diablo, eh? Not enough story, but I guess they could always add one. ...How about.... Baldur's Gate!! That would be interesting, an anime about the D&D universe. I think it would be more interesting than an "anime-ish" game like FF or Xenosaga or whatever being made into an anime, at least. There'd be no changes whatsoever.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AishKatsuya [/i]
[B]I think Silent Hill would make a really good anime. Anyone that has played all of them would probably agree. ^_^x; [/B][/QUOTE]

You do know how scary those games are and how even more creepy the demons/ monsters would look in an anime right?

[color=royalblue] I sort of have this dream of someone in Japan coming out and making an anime movie about the events that lead up to Final Fantasy VII. Like a prequel of sorts, really. I think the storyline in the game is good, and the past was always a bit blurry, so it'd be nice if there would be some kind of [i]something[/i] to back it up. Besides, an anime-Cloud would be reason enough for me to watch it. ^_~[/color]