OtakuBoards

Trigun: A New Plan

JoyKaiba

A week after the incident with Knives and company, Castillo and Mike were finally within range of Augusta. Mike spoke wearily. "Finally! I need something to eat." Castillo nodded and, at a rapid pace, they reached Augusta at last. They found a tavern on the south side of town and quickened in. Everyone within the vincinity immedietely turned to glare at them, then they resumed their previous engagements. Castillo noticed a short, stocky man leaving the tavern. The two sat at a table while an attractive waitress walked toward them. "Can I help you gentlemen?" "Yes, two beers and I'll have a steak." was Mike's reply. The waitress turned to Castillo. "Anything for you sir?" Mike spoke once again. "He'll have anything you've got." The waitress nodded and walked away. After 2 minutes passed, a large number of uniformed men came in. Castillo went wide eyed as he recognized one of the men there. "There he is, Shoot him!" he shouted. They immedietely aimed and fired. Purely on instinct, Mike flipped the table and Castillo glided behind the bar. "Damn, never even got to eat!" Castillo heard Mike say. With quickened reflexes, Mike began to roll sideways while shooting. While they were distracted, Castillo popped up with his pistol and shot them as well. In an instant, all the men were dead, except for the man Castillo recognized, who ran out right after he shouted. Mike walked toward the waitress. "Is our food ready yet?" The waitress nodded in fear and hastily brought them the food. "Finally..."

[color=red]After Mike was done eating his steak, he looked at Castillo. He leaned back in his chair and started rocking.

"Mind explaining what that was about," Mike said as he stopped rocking. Castillo shook his head. Mike sighed as he looked at Castillo. He should of figured. He stood up and started heading toward the door.

"Where are you going," Castillo said with out even looking. Mike shook his as he stopped at the doorway. Mike looked back at Castillo.

"I'm going to check us into a hotel," Mike said with a yawn, "I don't know about you, but I need my rest." Castillo made a hand motion. Mike shrugged his shoulders and walked out the door.

As Mike was walking, something made him think someone was following him. He turned around and sure enough there was someone there. Mike looked reileved and angered all at the same time.

"Chaple," Mike said with a slight sigh, "what brings you here." Chaple walked up to Mike and lifted him up by his shirt. Mike looked a little scared as Chaple held him slightly above his head.

"You failed didn't you," Chaple said as he slowly put Mike down. Mike shrugged his shoulders and started to walk away. A gun to his back stopped him. He wasn't about to turn around and face Chaple.
--------------------------------------

OOC: :bawl: Help!!!![/color]

"What a surprise." said Mike in a mesh of fear and shock. "We don't tolerate failures." Chaple replied coldly. Suddenly a click was heard in the backround. "Hold it." Castillo held his pistol to Chaples head. "Castillo, interesting move. We also don't tolerate traitors." Right after he spoke, Chaple whirled around knocking Castillo's pistol out of his hand. Not wanting to miss the oppurtunity, Mike pulled out his cross guns and started shooting fanatically at Chaple. Castillo dived aside to grap his pistol and sniper rifle and began shooting at a fleeing Chaple. Both men were joined together now, shooting at him, though by some supernatural force, missed completely. He suddenlly turned around and shot his gun while running backwards. A cloud of dust blew in front of Castillo and Mike, halting their fire. In a moment, Chaple was gone. Mike, being fatigued, spoke. "He'll be back. Might even be tonight. We'll have to take turns guarding." Castillo nodded and the two fled toward the Inn, hoping for some cover before anything else starts firing down upon them...