OtakuBoards

The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition

Semjaza

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B][color=darkred][SIZE=1]I am very interested in this collection. This is one wicked awesome looking disc. I bought the GAMECUBE when it first came out, so I was saddened to learn that that way is out for me. However (I am not sure what countries have access to this way), Nintendo Power - an exclusive Nintendo magazine - is offering the disk with a 1-year paid subscription. That is right up my alley for money and interest. I have not collected those in some time, and to get that disk, a 1-year subscription isn't bad at all. . for everything you are getting in that disk. . *drools* Too nice! [/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=009966]Absolutely. It's definately worth the $20. I sent my order out to Nintendo Power about three weeks ago, so I should get it pretty soon. :)[/color]

[color=indigo]Gah, I still haven't gotten a Collector's Edition disc yet. I already have a GCN and a couple more years on my NP subscription, so I don't really want to spend the money going for either of those routes... I've already registered my copy of Mario Kart: Double Dash!! but I don't have enough money for Mario & Luigi. So I've been waiting for a friend to get it, since he was going to let me use his PIN number, but it's been a while and he still hasn't gotten it.

So yeah, I'm starting to get really annoyed... Anyone else have a spare PIN number you could send me? ^_^[/color]

I got a Gamecube for christmas and it came with the disk. I was so happy. The first thing i did was start to play OoT. That is my favorite one, even though i can never make it past the Water Temple. I'm kinda sad about the music messups in Majora's Mask, but it's an awesome game anyway. I'd played the first Zelda before, but didn't know there was a second one. I was happy to play that. And then you even get a demo for Windwaker, which looks really cool.
My brother bought Double Dash the day after, and that is one fun game! It puts a new spin on a game that me and my dad used to play all the time. Even he likes it, and he's used to those Atari games! I can't wait to get Mario and Luigi! It's definatley a good buy!!

My friend bought that deal and brought it to my house. We played Zelda;Ocarina of Time. It was weird playing it on that system and having to use the joystick for Cbuttons. They changed a bit in Majoras Mask. The Town music is faster than the N64 version and a few buttons are different. Its pretty cool:)

[color=indigo]Well, I learned a couple days ago that my friend finally got Mario & Luigi, so I should be able to use his PIN number and get my own copy of the disc pretty soon. Happiness abounds. ^_^

I have a question about the OOT and MM ports, though. Did they do the button layout the same as they did for the Ocarina of Time bonus disc, where you can use X, Y, and Z for the C button items in addition to using the C stick? I never liked using the C stick for items when I played through Ocarina of Time Master Quest, so I always used the X, Y, and Z buttons instead. Can you still do that?[/color]

The button layout is exactly the same in both games. They didn't change it.

I only use the C-stick downward motion for bows and slingshots... it's kind of like you're pulling it back. Of course, since it doesn't know how far you pulled it, it is hard to get used to heh.

[color=indigo]Whee, my Collector's Edition disc will be on its way soon. I just registed my friend's PIN number a bit ago and got the confirmation e-mail. But now I have to wait a couple weeks to actually get it. I want it now, dangit. :p

I'm having a hard time deciding whether to start on Zelda II right away when I get it, though, or if I should play through the original Zelda first. I kind of want to play through the original again, or at least the first quest, but I'm afraid that if I don't start on Zelda II right away I might put it off even more. ... This has got to sound so pathetic, lol. :cross:[/color]

Get ready for one of the longest waits ever... well what feels like it anyway lol. It took a bit over three weeks for me to get mine. I kept checking and checking. Apparently if you don't get it after two weeks, you can call Nintendo and request that they send another one. I know a few people that worked for.

• 2 weeks later...
I got a copy of it yesterday. I exchanged it with some poor sap at work for Pikmin. who got the better deal I wonder?

Anyway this is the first time I have owned MM and OOT (well actually this is the second for OOT) but I used to have the first Zelda and Links Adventure on my dear old NES until some bugger stole them! The thing I can't work out though is why you can't use the save from OOT that came with WW for OOT that came in the collectors edition. That way I wouldn't have to keep swapping discs when i want to play between each one.