OtakuBoards

Cowboy Bebop

Yu Yu Hakusho!

I have only watched two episodes. They were in Japanese with English subtitles. From what I discovered I was really hooked on them! The first episode was amazing!!! It caught my eye right away and I watched it over and over again tos ee things I may not have seen before. The second episode was alright but it was more humor than normal lol. If I knew a place where I could buy Cowboy Bebops series I would be there right now.... Unfortunately I dont know anywhere that would have it. EB Games have Dragonball Z DVD's and a few other but they dont have the really good ones or the boxed Series that I'd look for.

I love the ending theme for Cowboy Bebop. The Real Folk Blues or whatever it was called. I was so into it because it sounded amazing! In all I give Cowboy Bebop an 8/10 on my scale:)

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love to watch CB, but I don't have to stay up to see it since I recorded all the episoded off of CN. I also went out and bought the movie. It is awsome. The movie has extended action scenes since they didn't have to work with a limited time limit, so that is cool.

• 3 weeks later...
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]Cowboy Bebop is a really awesome Anime. I love it and think Spike is really hot.:love: The story line is dark, but yet funny at the same time, and I really respect that! I hate [spoiler]Julia though. Stupid girl.. Because of her Spike had to die. I cried, each time I saw that episode.[/spoiler] :( That Sucks. I have a T-Shirt and a poster of Spike! Whee!:love: [/color][/font][/b]

[COLOR=Navy]I edited your post for spoiler tags, Shadow Wolf. Welcome to OtakuBoards. ^_^

~Dagger~[/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]Exactly how many episodes are there in the Cowboy Bebop series? It was only like two weeks ago when I caught the end of the series on Adult Swin, and then the next time it was on it was started over from the beginning. Now, it's right back at the last few episodes, and I was really starting to wonder just how short it really was.

Question: [spoiler]Does Spike actually die at the end or what? They make it look like he does because he's just laying there, then a star fade out in the sky after they mentioned that a star fade away when someone dies or something similar to that.[/spoiler]

It's not that bad, since most people probably didn't expect it, and it would kinda be a shock. But I like the show, and it would kinda suck if it just ends like that.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='SpiritDetective']Cowboy Bebop is just freakin awesome,one of my favorite Anime of all-time and has one of the best endings I have ever seen in my life.Bang![/quote]

Last night, I went through the entirety of this godforsaken thread and deleted three pages' worth of replies. Now I've had to remove your post as well.

Please don't spam here again, SpiritDetective; I think I may have responded to every single one of your posts with some kind of warning. Before you do anything else, go back and re-read my PM.

Thank you.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=The Vampire: Ed][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]Exactly how many episodes are there in the Cowboy Bebop series? It was only like two weeks ago when I caught the end of the series on Adult Swim, and then the next time it was on it was started over from the beginning. Now, it's right back at the last few episodes, and I was really starting to wonder just how short it really was.

Question: [spoiler]Does Spike actually die at the end or what? They make it look like he does because he's just laying there, then a star fade out in the sky after they mentioned that a star fade away when someone dies or something similar to that.[/spoiler]

It's not that bad, since most people probably didn't expect it, and it would kinda be a shock. But I like the show, and it would kinda suck if it just ends like that.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[spoiler]Cowboy Bebop is twenty-six episodes long, the first episode being Asteroid Blues (I believe) and the last episode being The Real Folk Blues Part 2.

And, yes, Spike does die at the end. There will always be crazy conspiracy theories about Spike living but I doubt they're true. I think that's the best ending for the anime, anyway, since Spike didn't really have any reason to keep on living. He said himself that Julia was the only reason he was still going on and, with her out of the picture, what reason would he have to stay alive? It made sense to have Spike die, plus it gives people the chance to develop an attachment to Spike - how many people remember Spike over a lot of other famous anime characters? A lot, I'd say.[/spoiler]

[color=indigo][size=1][font=century]Cowboy Bebop is a great anime, although I prefer Trigun. However, Bebop has the best technical quality of any anime I've seen, and the most varied sound track.

In the entire history of the show, I only have one major problem. [spoiler]At the end, we never get to see what happens to Faye, Jet, and, to a lesser extent, Ed.[/spoiler] I liked those characters a bit more than Spike, actually, and was a bit dissapointed. Other than that, a great series.[/color][/font][/size]

[color=green] I have to agree with you, Shin. I cannot think of another ending more fitting. [spoiler]It's kind of funny how death can give immortality, isn't it. It's like they say in the movie The Sandlot, Heroes get remembered, but legends never die, or something like that. I love that movie. Back to the topic at hand though.

I also think a bit like DeathBug. I wish that there was more follow up on the others. The series is called Cowboy Bebop afterall, not Spike the bounty hunter. I wish there has been more story put into the end of all the other characters.[/spoiler][/color]

• 3 months later...
[QUOTE=jered60]hello every one
will u please add me to your buddy list?[/QUOTE][color=#503f86]Welcome to OtakuBoards, jered. Before you go any further, I strongly suggest you take a look at the [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?"]Rules page[/url], because this post falls under spam category under OB 'law'.

If you want people to add you to their Buddy List, put a message in your signature about it. Then, people can choose whether they want to or not. But please don't post this in unrelated topics.

If you have any further questions, take a look at the FAQ or send a Private Message to a Moderator of your choice.[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
i think of this as the series that destroyed my social life for about a month. I would lock myself in my room and watch my DVDs for days on end, but hot damn, it was worth it. I didnt cry at the end, i just let out a giant scream, [spoiler]"NOOOOOOOO!!!! C'MON NOOOOOOO!!!! NO ...dont you die on those steps...NO!!", or something to that extent. It was very sad, but Vicious got what he deserved...[/spoiler] :devil:

• 4 weeks later...
I pretty much like all of the Cowboy Bebop episodes including the movie equally, which means I like all of them a lot. I was just wondering what episodes are peoples favs. So if you're a fan of CB and want to express your love for a particular one feel free.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tiessan
this has nothing to do with what youre talking about in the comment that im replying to..but i read your session summeries and everything seemed to be correct except one thing and that REALLY bothered me.(its always the small things right? haha)
now maybe im wrong..and it is odd for a guy to be named victoria..but its also very odd for a woman to have such manly cheek bones.
plus VT just looks like a man.
i always thought that the Heavy Metal *Queen* was just referring to VT's sexuality.

i dunno..im probably wrong..but thats just how i saw it.
id be interested to know what your thoughts are on that.

[quote name='tiessan']i always thought that the Heavy Metal *Queen* was just referring to VT's sexuality.[/quote]
I think that is the case. There are a few otehr hints here and there, unfortunately I have not watched Bebop in a good while, so the specifics escape me. I am pretty sure that that is made to be a double entendre.

Its realy annoing in england, cowboy bebop got taken off the tv almost 2 years ago, along with some other anime shows, almost every anime fan in england wants it back but the TV people just don't listen! Whats wrong with the world today!!

[quote name='poo62.2']Its realy annoing in england, cowboy bebop got taken off the tv almost 2 years ago, along with some other anime shows, almost every anime fan in england wants it back but the TV people just don't listen! Whats wrong with the world today!![/quote]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Well, I guess what's wrong is that everyone in the world is not wanting to watch anime ALL the time. Obviously the show wasn't doing that well or I'm sure they wouldn't have taken it off the air. If you want to watch it so badly, you are your friends (I assume) should pool some money and buy the series and that way you can watch it whenever you want.

Or you can move to America, where anime is the new "in" thing. Sucks for us oldies.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=tiessan]this has nothing to do with what youre talking about in the comment that im replying to..but i read your session summeries and everything seemed to be correct except one thing and that REALLY bothered me.(its always the small things right? haha)
now maybe im wrong..and it is odd for a guy to be named victoria..but its also very odd for a woman to have such manly cheek bones.
plus VT just looks like a man.
i always thought that the Heavy Metal *Queen* was just referring to VT's sexuality.

i dunno..im probably wrong..but thats just how i saw it.
id be interested to know what your thoughts are on that.[/QUOTE]I think you're refferring to the summaries I wrote. VT is most deffinitely a woman, so it makes perfect sense that her name is Victoria. She does look slightly masculine, I'll admit, but the title of the session simply reffers to her nickname which came about because..

a. She likes heavy metal.
b. She's a woman. (not Heavy Metal [i]King[/i])

You guys cowboy bebop the movie is coming on.If you have direct tv its going to be on tuesday.The station is called Action and the channel is 532.I forgot which time so you can just check the tv guide.But you can gaurentee yourself it is going to come on tuesday!

I love Cowboy Beebop and my fav. character on there was Ed. I hate that they did not follow up on the other members of the crew and just stopped after [spoiler]Spike died.[/spoiler] what happened to Faye,Jet, and my fav. hacker Ed.

My fav. episode of the series has to be the one where they meet Ed and all the people hear these rumours saying that Eds over 6'5 a guy, has weird eyes, and never comes outside cause no one really knew who she was.

I have only seen a few episodes of Cowboy Bebop, but I do agree that it has a tragic ending, but a good one. The series is all great, it's an amazingly welldone series. The ending is good, but it's easy to see it as bad from another point of view I guess. Tragic endings make animes good sometimes, and that was indeed the case with Cowboy Bebop I believe. Oh well, the series was good, so stop complaining, lol.

-MILZ

I think the ending being tragic just makes it good. [SPOILER] By having spike die in the end, [/SPOILER] I think it strays away from what you would expect. People are used to the hollywood "everything is ok now" endings and by having the ending that they did, they did a great job in making the story better and more realistic. Obviously, not everything turns out well in real life, and I think having everything end all peachy is kind of corny and cliche, so its nice to see them get away from that.

Guest ChapterBlack888
I thought the ending of Cowboy Bebop was one of the best endings in Anime.I watch every time it comes on Addult Swim Saturday.

Guest RickHunter74
What episode was it that [spoiler]ED found her father and Fay Went home back on earth...[/spoiler]I cried at the end of that one.

[quote name='Daisuke hige']It was Session 24 Hard Luck Woman.[/quote]
[COLOR=#503F86]I know you're just answering a question, but please bear in mind that posts this short are still spam. You could always add in your own thoughts as to the episode, or just something else to add more substance to it.

The member who asked the question was banned a few days ago anyway, so it doesn't make much of a difference.[/COLOR]

I watched [I]Cowboy Bebop[/I] all the way through in one sitting with my friends and loved every minute. I love the way it switches from gritty realism (or as close a sci-fi gets) while they're just hunting general bounty hits, to completely psycho weird surrealism like Mad Pierrot and Spike's mutated lobster in the fridge.

However, I did find Vicious a bit underwhelming as a villain. I mean, he's good and he fits in with the series and everything, but ... I guess I just can't help comparing him to [I]Trigun[/I]'s Legato Bluesummers because they look so similar, and out of the two, Legato is the better, more sinister, more manipulative villain. :devil:

• 1 month later...
Guest bostoneo
Hiyas all,

I was wondering what the difference between the cowboy bebop session dvds were from different years. For example, on deepdiscountdvd the dvd is listed as 1998. however, on Amazon.com the dvd is listed as 2003... whats the difference, if any.