OtakuBoards

Animal Crossing

Morpheus

[color=#4B0082]Yeah, you should post in the AC2 thread for stuff regarding ... well, AC2, heh.

Something I'd like to point out, though, is the Edit button down in the lower righthand corner of your posts: Please use it to add to your previous post instead of making a new post directly after your previous one, as double posting is against the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?][u]rules[/u][/url]. I've merged your above posts into one, but please remember to use the Edit button next time.[/color]

Guest FacelessMage
I love Animal Crossing, I got it when it first came out, but I haven't played much lately. Yesterday I was looking for it and couldn't find it :( I have nearly payed off my final loan to Nook, but I was stupid and cheated when I first started playing, and I did the time travel trick, now every square is [U]FULL [/U] of weeds :eek:
Does anyone have a solution to this besides goin around and picking ever single one of them up? I think a good idea would be for them to have made a lawnmower so you could ride around and plow through all the weeds hoo ha ! :D

[color=#4B0082]There is one thing you can do to get rid of all your weeds without having to pull them yourself, but when I tried it, I found it just as annoying. What you can do is play between 12:00 AM and 4:00 AM and run around town looking for Wisp, I think his name is. Wisp is a ghost that only appears when your town is overrun with weeds, and when you meet him he'll tell you he's lost some little spirit things; if you can find and return all of them before 4:00 AM he'll offer to remove all the weeds in your village.

What makes it annoying is that the spirits only appear one at a time in a random place in the village instead of just being scattered all at once, so you have to start your search of the village over again each time you find one. Seriously, it probably took me over an hour to get them all when I did it, and I was playing in a village where I had cut down almost all of the trees so that they couldn't help but be in plain sight. Personally, I'd rather pull the weeds myself than do the thing with Wisp.[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='FacelessMage']I think a good idea would be for them to have made a lawnmower so you could ride around and plow through all the weeds hoo ha ! :D[/quote]

[size=1][color=purple]Hear, hear! ^o^

I'm proud of my own first floor layout. I have it Oriental/Asian-themed. I have an imperial floor, exquisite wall, cricket, pine cricket (bell cricket soon to come), a birdcage, a couple Lulloids, a Gongoid, a classic bed, a lot of exotic furniture, including about 4 exotic screens, almost all of the bonsais, a scroll, and one of those trees with the colored tages hanging from them. XD I think it's called a lady tree or something. <:-/ I have a cello, or whatever you call those guitar-things, and I'm currently hunting for a harp to replace it. ^^

My second floor, though, is my favorite. An 8 Mat Tatami, ocean vista (got it mostly for the clouds), half the blue furniture, a blue boxing mat, hi-def stereo with K.K. Soul (which I think is the best K.K. song--it's relaxing and has a good tune), wide-screen TV, red couch, one of those round trees, a frog and decorative NES sitting on a fireplace, a hammock, and a papa bear. ^^ Eh, everytime I go into the top floor I feel strangely relaxed, and it's got a pretty lighthearted/airy-feel to it, with the colors and everything. :p

My basement pretty much has a full T-Rex display, the biggest fish in AC, candy all over the floor, a sports medal, a b-day cake that should be green by now (lol), three NES games (hit me T_T), an elephant slide (HEY, it's cute), a lovely telephone, a bunch of rare town models (tent, blossom tree, etc. and a house model that was my sister's lol, since I could care less about the HRA), an Eastern Island statue, and a fan. And I have K.K. Jazz playing down there on a CD player. K.K. Dirge just creeped me out too much. XD

And I AM guilty of messing with the game's clock, lol. T_T Mostly for the insects and fish. I was thinking about starting a new town, from scratch, since I like it the old way anyways. Albeit I dunno what I'm gonna do about all my bugs and fishies. T_T And it totally sucks that you can't drop the insects/fish in a container on the ground to pick up later, in addition to, of course, releasing them. I'd take my most difficult-to-catch fish/bugs into my sis's town, and pick 'em up later. But I can't, and that's aggravating.

I do, however, have an awesome clothing design for the guy character--green clothes with maroon goggle-print. Well, I made it to where the goggles were on the hem of his hat, on the forehead, and it looks really good. When placed on the girl-character, it made her look like a green pencil. :-S I could put the design online somewhere, but I dunno how or where, lol.

Seriously, I HATE how freaking stupid the human characters look. They could've at least done away with the girl's stupid gnome-hat, and made her hair look like, well, hair. She looks like some bull-woman. And yes, the guy looks idiotic, as well, but I think the girl looks more retarded than anything (except for, well, Monique, that fugly drag-queen cat :moron: Boy am I glad she moved). [/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Dark Serena][size=1][color=purple]

Seriously, I HATE how freaking stupid the human characters look. They could've at least done away with the girl's stupid gnome-hat, and made her hair look like, well, hair. She looks like some bull-woman. And yes, the guy looks idiotic, as well, but I think the girl looks more retarded than anything (except for, well, Monique, that fugly drag-queen cat :moron: Boy am I glad she moved). [/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[size=1] Oh come now, it's all part of the Nintendo charm, ^_~.

Seriously, I myself found the graphics delightfully relevant to the game's overall atmosphere. Sure it was an N64 port, but they still worked.

I remember when I played AC, I got bored after expanding my only floor. It consisted of a Zen layout with about 3 rocks scattered here and there, a grey floor, and a screen. That was it, lol. I just got bored of the game before I could afford anything.

I must admit really [i]loving[/i] that bamboo fountain thing, where the bamboo tilts with the water and clicks afterwards. I saw it in an animal's house and wished Nintendo implemented a steal command into the game.

[b][Z][/b][/size]

[color=#4B0082]There is actually a way to transfer fish and insects between characters, if you're interested. It would be incredibly tedious to transfer a large number, but if it's just a few, it wouldn't be too bad.

What you can do is leave whichever fish/insects you want to save with your Gyroid. Just set them to "give away," save and quit, and then come and pick them up with a different character. You could have your sister's character visit your town, pick them up, and then take them back to her town to store until you restarted your village and picked them back up with your new character in the same way. You'd only be able to transfer a few at a time -- what is it, four items that the Gyroids can hold? -- but it would work.

The only problem with doing this, however, is that when you go and pick up the fish/insects, it won't credit you for having caught them. You can donate them to the museum and they should count for that, but you'd still have to catch them again in order to get them listed in the pause menu. So if you're trying to get the Golden Rod and Golden Net (by catching at least one of each fish and insect, respectively), transfering them won't do any good.[/color]

I got Animal Crossing for Christmas last year, and it seems to have strange effects on me, lol. I'd be playing it, get really into the game, start getting as much as possible and do my best to complete the game. For about a month, I would be playing it just about every day to keep up with everything. And then one day.. I'll stop. And I won't play, usually for a couple months. The is the second time it's happened to me, and the last time I played was about a month ago, lol. When I do go back, I keep telling myself that I'll time warp and catch up on everything that I missed. I had a basement full of sets of 5 tickets for God's sake! lol Not about to waste them, that's for sure.

When getting into the game itself, I think it's a fun game. It's interesting to play as a character that is on their own in their town, not doing anything inparticular, and isn't exactly like real life either. It's like a seperate life you can hold, haha. The little things you can do around the town are really interesting and fun, though the game is more time consuming than particularly difficult.

[size=1][color=purple](Post relevant to Des's post--didn't see Syk3 up there, lol). Yeah, kinda partially defeats the purpose, lol. :whoops:

Well, I've got my new town now. Kinda late for the fish/bug-thing, but it doesn't matter now, cause I'd like for it to count in my menu as "caught", since it helps me keep track of ones I put in the museum.[/color][/size]