Recent Series [recommendations]

Dagger

Spring series available fansubbed that I am watching:
[b]Hi no Tori[/b] - Epic fantasy
[b]Kyou Kara Maou![/b] - Fantasy/comedy
[b]Midori no Hibi[/b] - Comedy/romance
[b]Mahou Shoujotai[/b] - Fantasy
[b]Aishiteruze, Baby[/b] - Shoujo

Here are some other series I am watching that are still being broadcast or fansubbed:
[b]Mujin Wakusei Survive[/b] (Uninhabited Planet Survive) - all-ages adventure
[b]Futatsu no Supikka[/b] (Twin Spica) - SF series
[b]PLANETES[/b] - SF series
[b]Gokusen[/b] - adapted from josei (women's) manga
[b]Futari wa Pretty Cure[/b] - original mahou shoujo
[b]Sakigake! Cromartie High[/b] - short-episode comedy
[b]Konjiki no Gasshu Bell!![/b] - shounen fighting series
[b]Sailor Moon Live Action[/b] - mahou shoujo classic in a new format
[b]Kousetsu Hyaku Monogatori[/b] - horror/gothic
[b]Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex[/b] - Shounen SF/action [b]licensed[/b]

I think highly of most of these, esp. Kousetsu Hyaku Monogatori, PLANETES, Mujin Wakusei Survive and Hi no Tori.

Guest gendou ikari
Yes, the Ghost In The Shell series is a very good series, espesially the Stand Alone
Complex.I couldnt agree with you more, the Anime's you just mentioned I confidently second

Guest Senti_MENTAL
I totally agree with densuke's list (though I'm not a big PLANETES or Pretty Cure fan, which, in my opinion, is your typical run of the mill shoujo). Out of the spring series, I'm currently a big fan of Kyou Kara Mao!. It's got homosexual undertones and bishounen, so anyone who's into those things should go for it. However, I still enjoy it because of the male lead; he's a character I can easily relate to (in a way). Midori no Hibi is also pretty good; the concept is original and it's quite funny. The other series densuke's watching are must watches, particularly Twin Spica. Yes, it's about kids and space, but different to the others. It can get sad, but it also gives you a warm feeling inside. I also like the OP and ED. Kousetsu Hyaku Monogatori/Hundred Stories is a brilliant horror anime which is entertaining AND gives you an insight into Japanese mythology/stories. The animation is also unique, so you won't be getting your typical CLAMP or GONZO esque design. Gokusen if you liked GTO, funny anime. Cromartie is even funnier. Uninhabited Planet Survive is obviously targeted at a young audience in particular, but it's something that everyone can enjoy. When I watch it I get a sense of adventure; it makes me want to get stranded on a planet with a large group of people with me :D (I'm not suggesting anything). Gash Bell is a little like one of those monster fighting anime (pokemon,digimon, etc.), but is much more enjoyable on the whole, and the characters are entertaining..

Guest gendou ikari
Maybe Naruto, though it is very overated.The plot is (like most anime's iv'e mentioned) AVERAGE, and I mean average...Anyway, in case you didn't know, Naruto is the story of the boy Uzamaki Naruto, he is the reincarnation of a legendary demon fox, that attacked their village many years ago, he want's to become the hokage(the top ninja and ruler of the village), and will acomplish his goal by means of intense training.In ninja school he meets two students named Sasuke and Sakuru who grow close to him,Naruto is jealous of Sasuke and has a crush on Sakura.His teacher's name is Kakashi and has a hereditary skill called the sharagin wheel eye. L;ater on in the show he meets(i'll name my personal favorites)Zabuza the demon,Haku the tool, and Rock Lee. It is a show with great character development and an original concept I hope it makes it to shores.

I'm really grateful that this thread has gotten so many high-quality replies, but it's starting to become a bit redundant. Although I can't recall when it was resurrected, I do remember that its revival was somewhat questionable (in other words, very close to the thirty-day cutoff). Since we now have a topic that deals specifically with new releases, there's no good reason to keep this one alive.

Thread closed.

~Dagger~