OtakuBoards

The Animatrix

Semjaza

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Naru [/i]
[B]I liked the animatrix but it was kind of hard to relate it to the movies. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#707875]How on Earth do you figure that? lol

The Animatrix could not have been anymore related to the movies if it tried. o_O

[/color]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the movie.Some of them are ok.......but its isnt the best in the world.Some of them are kinda stupid.There is no mane character so...........i didnt think it was going to very good.If you dont like credits you are going to be mad.There is some after evrey short film.The creators of cowboy bebop did kids story and its ok,but the kids neck looks mesed up.My fave is beyond.It is made of nine short films and some of them dont bother watching.If you have never seen the matrix this movie is going to be very confusing for you.I have never seen the matrix even thogh we have it.When i first saw this movie i was so confused.

[size=1] I was watching the Animatrix, and when it was over, my sister (huge Matrix fan) said that the first four were good and then the shorts slowly got stupider. ::shrugs::

I also liked the plot of Matriculated, but I really didn't like the art when they entered the other world. Bothered me for some odd reason.[/size]

Yeah in some of them the art bugged me.Dont you just hate that and its like you cant watch it because you cant pay attention because your complaining aboght the art to your self saying"i can draw so much better,that persons neck looks like a foot."lol just an exp.

• 7 months later...
I rented the Animatrix last night for DVD and I found it quite interesting. The animations in the movie were very amazing and were done like I havent seen before on TV. Some parts comfused me but it was good overall. Has anybody else seen this movie???? What did you think??

I saw the Animatrix when they first released it online some time back (3 or 4 episodes?) and then saw it in full a month before they released the DVD. I was rather impressed. I liked how they told background stories through other means. The Animatrix, Enter the Matrix, etc etc... Some of it was confusing, but oh well. I'll probably watch it today again actualy, thanks for the reminder.

I own it, mostly because it has anime directed by Shinichiro Watanabe (Bebop). I was really impressed, almost all of the short movies are really good. The history of the world one is disturbing, with the riot scenes w/ robots being destroyed.

• 1 month later...
A huge thank you to Adult Swim for airing allowing me to see this. ^_^

Frankly, I like The Animatrix much better than Reloaded (I never did get around to seeing Revolutions). Back when it first came out, I thought that the first Matrix was a true classic in terms of both action and plot. It just kicks tremendous amounts of ***. I was very dubious about Reloaded, but I wanted it to be good. However, when I walked out of the theater I felt immensely disappointed.

No matter how cleverly written, beautifully filmed or intelligently conceived the latter two installments of the trilogy may be, I [i]prefer not to know the details of the story's end[/i]. Does that make any sense? I love The Matrix's mysterious, enigmatic and empowering ending. Maybe I got something different out of the first film than other fans, but Reloaded isn't the kind of sequel I'd been looking for. I didn't think that anything would have been able to match my enormous expectations.

And yet The Animatrix does. For one thing, every single short perfectly captures the spirit of the original movie. I always found the world and concepts of The Matrix more interesting than the characters who populate it, so it was nice to see the spotlight on people other than Neo or Trinity. My favorite pieces are probably Detective Story, Beyond and Program.

The Second Renaissance reminded me way too much of Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040. ^_^; Even as I soaked in the gorgeous animation, I began wondering where I had seen this scenario before. And though machines taking over the world isn't exactly a novel concept, the short's execution and even certain aspects of its animation made it hard for me to avoid comparing it with BGC. Same thing goes for Matriculated--the Runner looks so much like a Boomer! Well, at least fans of The Second Renaissance would definitely enjoy BGC.

The voice acting and animation are stellar throughout; I really relished being able to experience such a diversity of artistic styles. For me, The Animatrix succeeds where The Matrix Reloaded does not.

~Dagger~

I'm new here but saw this thread and had to read it. I was also dissapointed by the matrix sequel but did see the 3rd and it was better than #2. Adult swim rocks because i didnt buy Animatrix but wanted to see it, and I saw it last night on Cartoon Network and it rocks! That's just about all I had to say...

Ps: I peeked

Guest gendou ikari
I also saw The Animatrix on Adult Swim last night.I got so interested in it that I hopped up on our table in front of our TV and leaned foward to observe it's majesty.While not one of my favorites, I believe that The Animatrix was buitifully directed,animated and thought out. It was also very thought provoking and really made you think. I personnaly enjoyed the Detectives story(I think that could have doubled as an anime of itself!)While watching The Second Ressistance scene where the humans are being harvested I got a strict "WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING?!" from my dad, :laugh: ,pricless I tell you,pricless. oh yeah, and the riot scene were that robot got blasted by the shotgun ,disturbed me too ,man.So dont feel strange,but I did. :confused:

The Second Ressistance was cool, I personally liked the modern trench scene with the differing , praying religions and the strange dude screaming, "KILL THEM ALL!" in the face of the camera was a nice touch, exept for the salliva that was spewed ontu the camera. :eek:

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]I bought this around the time it came out and have watched it several times since. I like every story except for the last one, the last one I just found boring it wasnt really my cup of tea but throughtout the rest it kept me interested and didnt let me go. My favorite has to be Kid's Story I though the art was spectacular I think the Watchowski brothers are apsolute genious for branching out the Matrix into so many mediums. The Last Flight of the Osirus was another favorite I thought it was a great way to open up the DVD it makes me wish Square would have done a CGI Matrix film instead of that horrible Final Fantasy movie.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I have to say the Animatrix was one of the best animated movies i've ever seen, they showed it two times on Cartoonetwork last weekend and I saw both (staying up 'till 4). The Last Flight of the Osirus was so dramatic and touching, but kind of funny in the beginning. I loved the story with Trinity and the kid, it explained why in the movie he kept of saying that Neo saved him. Good movie :D :D

~Laters