OtakuBoards

the end of the world

Kunai

[quote name='Winter']...the estimated...what...36 billion people on the planet by that time?[/quote]36 billion? That's quite an estimate. In oe of my classes a long time ago we did an experiment to see when the population would reach 7 billion, and that's going to be about another 10 years, if we were correct. Still, it wouldn't be much of a massacre. Now, 300? That's getting pretty dangerous.

Honestly, I don't think there's a good reason for us to even have found out any of this stuff. Science is something meant to further our knowledge of the universe, but in too many countries (America included, if not at the top of the list) it's too high a priority. Now, if anyone could find a way to apply knowing how a star explodes (or implodes) to make life on Earth better, I absolutely will not think that NASA needs a 60% budget cut. But until then, it's nothing more than trivia.

Guest Midnight Rush
To be quite honest, why does anyone care how or when the world will end? No one person can stop it, thus it is futile to entertain the idea. Why not just live life and forget unalterables lol? This is pretty amusing.

[color=darkviolet]In my extremely uneducated opinion, the owrld will end when it's good and ready to do so.

In the meantime all we can do is continue to exist in our mundane lives which mean little to the universe, but a possible much in our society.

Oh, the brilliance which is intelligence at 0100 hours[/color] :laugh:

If anyone here has had the time or the effort to read the book of Revelation, it is a very unique book. The end of the world in the Bible seems extremely unique to all of your other guesses.

It basically says that the world will end by corrupt government destroying a major city, and from there, its open to personal translation, as it is all allegorie. Read it sometime!