OtakuBoards

Hip Hop

Zen

[QUOTE]See now? You found a nice rap song about liking a pair of shoes. And they say miracles don't happen...
[/QUOTE]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah...it's not much of a miracle, just a matter of switching my radio station for two days.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=green][size=1]

Ugh.... God..... "UR FORCE ONEZZZZ" I hated that song. If you want something that is much, much better that rechid song and still has primarily the same members and one better (Freeway) then check out "Rock the Mic Remix" on his album. That has the same flavor, but better subject matters and more... what can I say... soul to it. Its more lively. And Freeway is excellent in the song. I suggest you check that out.

And where have you been anyways? Air Force Ones has been on the radio for nearly two years and your just now hearing it?[/color][/size]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]I despise that song as well im sure any true fan of hip hop recognises that song of being truely horrible. But hey as long as your listening to hip hop its fine hopefully as you listen your tastes will mature...I started out listening to Will Smith (I was like 5 sue me) then as I got older my brother introduced me to Wu Tang, Busta Rymes, Missy Elliot then he introduced me to Canibus a few years later and that changed my opinion on rap in general, Canibus was just spitting some unbelievable stuff and at the time it just stunned me.

Im trying to get tickets to a Kanye West Concert next wednesday at a college in my area. Young Gunz are gonna appear but im not fans of them really, im just hoping Kanye performs Through the Wire and Two Words. [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[b][font=Verdana][size=1]I like to say my music taste is really varied, but it isn't at all '__'[/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Verdana][size=1]Like, 80% of it is of it is probably hip-hop and eski.[/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Verdana][size=1]My favourite artists are Eminem, DMX and Ludacris.[/size][/font][/b]
[font=Verdana][size=1][b]Eminem is absolutely awesome the way he pulls his lines together and he's just more fresh topic-wise (most of the time, anyway).[/b][/size][/font]
[b][font=Verdana][size=1]I just love DMX's gritty.. um, image? I dunno. Most of his songs are the same thing over and over but he has this cool talent for story-telling and I alsolike the way he does those good and/or evil songs. Stuff like "Damien", "Crime Story", "Damien III", "Stop Being Greedy", and "Angel".[/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Verdana][size=1]Ludacris is just awesome, lol. His voice is plain funky to begin with and his southern accent is the coolest o.-[/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Verdana][size=1]I like the way he plays with words too, for lack of a better way to put it.[/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Verdana][size=1]Lately I've been checking out people from the Roc-a-fella camp (or who are kinda associated with them). Like Kanye West, Talib Kweli, and Mos Def. [/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Verdana][size=1]I'm also checking some older stuff like the Wu, Outkast and Cypress Hill. Mainly because one of my friends is obsessed with the Wu Tang Clan and Outkast and another's heavily into alternative-types of music, lol.[/size][/font][/b]
[font=Verdana][size=1][/size][/font]
[b][font=Verdana][size=1]I heard "Learn Chinese" by Jin on his site the other day, and to tell the truth I wasn't impressed by it at all. I don't really see what the hype about him is. Maybe he should stick to battles =p[/size][/font][/b]
[font=Verdana][size=1][b]I'll probably still check him out though.[/b]

If anyone isn't really bothered by strong English accents, I'd strongly recommend checking out some of the artists from the British underground hip-hop scene. Like Jehst and Klashnekoff and Lewis Parker. If you can find anything >_>
(By the way, Dizzee Rascal is garage or something. He sorta raps though)[/size][/font]

Well before any of you bash the genre of Rap and Hip Hop, you should buy Chris Dennett's Greatest Hits. It's a great compilaton of music, he's truly gifted. Also, Zidargh's Number Ones is a must buy.

*Ahem*

Im here and there on the subject of Rap and Hip Hop. Some of it stands out to me whilst some of it doesn't. I've always enjoyed Tupac's stuff, aswell as NAS and Donnell Jones but other than those artists, I've had varied tastes.

Lately I've been repetively listening to 'She Wants To Move' by N.E.R.D and I think it's a great song. Even though it may not be classed as Rap or Hip Hop.

Eminem is another artist that I am seeing in a different light, I like how his songs have become far less depressing, with the releases of titles such as 'My Band' although that was with D12. Either way, he's changing his style.

The Streets are okay. 'Don't Mug Yourself' and 'You're Fit But Don't you Know It' are quite amusing songs by them. But yes I'll have to agree, cockney accents don't fit in with the genre of this type of music. I may be a Suburbian Londoner but Im not too fond of cockney accents.

• 1 month later...
I love all types of music but I mainly listen to Hip-Hop/R&B/and Rap. I love listening to Rock also. To those who have said that rap sucks because it's about voilence and sex is mainly because in the 80's when rap started it was in the mean streets of NY where all of that was common, and the rappers that still do that are ones that grew up with that type of life. I like listening to it fits parts of my life and when I'm mad about it. I didn't have it as bad as growing up in the bronx, but it was hard and is hard being a black person (well half as the name says) living in an all white neighborhood in southern Mississippi where most of them are racist but don't do anything because of the law. Even my so called friends stabbed me in the back and I've been left with a 14 year old scar. That's why I listen to the hard rap, but I mainly listen to R&B since I sing. There are many out there that I love listening to i.e. Usher, Brandy, Joe, and probably the best female singer today Alicia Keys. That woman's voice is so beautiful it could make stone angels cry. I don't really have fav rappers since there are so many of them. I mainly love listening to songs that have rapping and singing. I still have my fav rock artists like LP, Hoobastank, Evanescence, NFG, Simple Plan and some others. My friends used to only listen to hard rock, but now they're like me in listening to anything. I have no prob with what you or anyone listens to or doesn't listen to as long as you(anyone falling in that catefory) don't bash other people for liking other things.

Fav songs right now:

Chingy Ft. J-Weav - One Call Away
Twista - Overnight Celebrity
G-Unit Ft. Joe - Wanna Get To Know You
Joe Ft. G0-Unit - Ride Wit Ya
Lloyb Banks - Smile
Usher - Burn
Jay-Z - Dirt Off My Shoulder
Lil' Flip - Game Over
Outkast - Roses
Usher - Confessions Part 2
Young Wun Ft. DMX, Lil' Flip, & David Banner - Tear It Up
Dilated People Ft. Kanye West - This Way

Nice talking to you all.

I love HIp HOp I spend most of my time listening to it at home, in the car, on the computer, anywhere.

[B][U]My Fav. songs now are [/U] [/B]

Slum Village F. Kanye West- Selfish
D12- 40oz. and My Band
Jin- Ya'll Gon Learn Chinese
Kanye West- Jesus Walks
House of Pain- On Point
Triumph the Insult Dog- I Keed, 30 Seconds of Magic, and Come Poop with Me ( That dog is a pretty good rapper)
White Boy F. Kanye West- U KNOW
Outkast- Ghetto Muzik
Juvenille- Bounce Back and I Need it in My Life
N.E.R.D.- Drill Sergeant, She Wants to Move, and Provider
Jay-Z- Clarity, Change Clothes, Dirt of Ya Shoulder, and track 2 off of The Black Album.

Guest Werline
[FONT=Arial]undefined[/FONT][SIZE=3]undefined[/SIZE][COLOR=Black]undefined[/COLOR]
What i like is rap battling. It involves a lot of skill and provides the opportunity for some very funny stuff. Unfortunately, the rap battle forum on this site was closed thanks to some ****** named Charles. I didn't even think his raps were all that good.

[color=darkviolet]I usually don't listen to much Hip hop or rap since that's all my brother will listen to and I like to annoy him. However, some cds have slipped into my collection and I will admit to listening to some of his stuff.

Big L is decent, I don't know the name of any of his songs, but my brother has played him while I was in his car.

I used to listen to TLC when they were around, I even have Fan Mail and the one that came out in '93 (can't think of the name.) I liked Salt n Pepa too, but maybe I should get out of the 90's. Also Eve and Jay-Z, courtesy of my husband.

I've been listening to some reggae as well thanks to my brother. Some of the best stuff he has is the free style rap and the bootleg stuff he buys at this one store along with his clothes.

Still my music tastes tend more towards country, alternative and some punk music.[/color]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Lately I have been alot more heavily into hip-hop. I just got Twista and Cypress Hills new CD's and theyre both great Twista's album I can listen from beginning to end while Cypress Hill's I like 80% of the songs. All types of music appeal to me its just lately I have been into a heavy hip hop mood. I also picked up D12's new album and if you cant tell from my banner im a heavy Shady Records fan. It has to be one of my favorite albums of all time already.

Loyd Banks album has to be my most awaited album this summer I also want to get the new Method Man. I picked up the new Ghostface Killa and was really dissapointed but I heard Meth's new joint is a classic.[/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Werline][font=Arial]undefined[/font][size=3]undefined[/size][color=black]undefined[/color]
What i like is rap battling. It involves a lot of skill and provides the opportunity for some very funny stuff. Unfortunately, the rap battle forum on this site was closed thanks to some ****** named Charles. I didn't even think his raps were all that good.[/QUOTE]
[color=#707875]We never had a rap battle forum (thank god), just a thread. I haven't seen it lately, but I'm sure that Charles closed it for good reason. Charles is the Administrator here, so he is able to close such threads if he feels that it's necessary.

I don't accept [i]any [/i]flaming/abuse of either staff or members, Werline. It's simply not welcome here.[/color]

Guest bigmatt
[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=Navy]THIS IS YOUNG ONE YOU KNOW OF THE YOUNG ELITE(LOOK OUT FOR US.) ANYWAY THE HOTTEST RAPPER TO ME IS KANYE WEST. ITS THE ROC. ME AND REFLUX GOT THIS GROUP CALLED THE CHAIN.HE THINKS HE CAN ACTUALLY BEAT ME IN POP AND LOCKIN(THATS ANOTHER STORY.)

[/COLOR]ANYWAY IF YOU NEED TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT DA ROC HOLLA AT ME.
AS I SAID BEFORE I'M IN THE YOUNG ELITE. IF YOU WANT TO READ SOME OF MY RYHMES SEE ME IN THE BATTLE ARENA OR I'LL UPDATE A FEW TIMES EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE.

:flaming: WELL I'LL HOLLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:[/FONT]