OtakuBoards

Christmas Gifts--Given and Received.

Sol-Blade

[size=1]I had pretty fun christmas I got alot of stuff from Europe bacause my cousin went there for collage for 5 months. I got alot of stuff too because my mom is one of 12 in her family (I have like 29 cousins) x_x

~Electric Acoustic Guitar
~Guitar picks
~Guitar Kapo
~Guitar Stand
~Guitar case
~Book of music sheats (from Italy)
~Poster of a sketched Johnny Depp
~Warm clothes
~A photo album that says "Merry Christmas Caroline, I love you, Aaron."
~Three shot glasses (I collect them)
~A 2005 fox calendar
~Pajamas (With ducks and turles)
~Sterling silver cross necklace
~The Terminal DVD
~Lord of the Rings: Return of the King extended DVD(s)
~$100 in cash
~3 scarves
~A cool hat
~Gift card to American Eagle
~Glass elephant from Italy
~A strange looking goat toy from somewhere in Europe
~A few ornaments
~A purse (That hasn't come yet because roads were covered in snow and deliveries stoped)
~ And more stuff that I don't rememer. I have alot of thank you cards to write!

What I got people.

Sister: I got my sis a Book lamp reading thing that you can attach to the book you are reading and you can read in the dark.

Mom: I got my mom Aroma therapy stuff from Bath and Body works and a little red basket that she liked.

Dad: Me, my mom, and my sister bought him a globe from bombay. He's always playing around with them in the stores.

Aaron: I got my boyfriend, Aaron, a fossil watch with a thick leather band. I also got him a rubber ducky because his nick name in marching band is Ducky. At first I got him a really nice wallet, but he heard me telling his mom over the phone, so my parents gave it to him.

Caitlen: One of my friends from school (Secret santa) I got her a kit from Bath and Body works. It had foot cream and other things to take care of your feet with. I also gave her majescas (Marshmellows diped in caramel)

Dennis: My boyfriend's dad. Me and my mom bought him a little bottle of Heinz ketchup and made it into an ornament (He hates John Kerry and refused to eat Heinz because Kerry's wife was once married to the man who owned the company. or something like that). We gave it to him yesterday and he thought it was funny.

I may have gotten some other people some things, but I can't remember. I wasn't much of a big spender this year... Merry Christmas! [/size]

[SIZE=1]What about moi? What did I get, and what did I give. Pah. Well me and my friends did a 'secret Santa' where we pick a name out of a 'hat' and then get that person a gift. (We have a large group of friends). So I never really gave that much, mainly only to family.

What I Got:
[i]DVD's...[/i]
Matrix Boxset
Evanescense, Anywhere But Home
[i]CD's...[/i]
Guns N' Roses, Appetite For Destruction
U2, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
Eminem, Encore *shudder*
U2, The Best Of 1980-1990
Marilyn Manson, Lest We Forget: The Best Of
[i]Games...[/i]
Halo 2
[i]Books...[/i]
Jimmy Nail: A Northern Soul - Autobiography
Steven King, The Dark Tower VII
[i]Clothing...[/i]
Pair of Jeans
A random shirt
A random t-shirt
10 Pairs of socks
7 Pairs of BoxX0rZ
[i]Misc...[/i]
60 Pieces of Chewing Gum
3 Selection Boxes
£60 worth of Vouchers
£20

And well, that's it. Rules doesn't it >.>

What did I give?
Megadeth, Countdown To Extinction CD - To Daniel
Bruce Dickinson, The Chemical Wedding - To Matt
Money - To my sound cousin Steff
Bottle of Port - Dad
A book - Mum

And well, yeah. I did give out more, but it was mainly money to everyone else that I did get something for. And yes I went down the same road as Box. I also got ALOT of text messages from my stupid mates ^__^;;[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma]List of goodies from [COLOR=Red][B]Santa [/B][/COLOR] :
- Nintendo gamecube
- Metriod Prime
- Resident Evil
- Goldeneye : Roge Agent
- Legend of Zelda : Wind Waker

A new coat with nice hitman leather gloves and lots of chocolate[/FONT][/SIZE]

[img]http://img156.exs.cx/img156/8338/xmas04loot1wg.jpg[/img]

Obviously, I'm very, very happy with what the jolly, red fatman gave me. I went through a bit of the Pee-wee Herman DVDs last night...damn good stuff. I'm probably going to watch a bit of the TMNT DVDs (the original 80s cartoon) later today, and the Marx Bros DVDs will be getting a work out this weekend. Pokemon FireRed is stunning; it brings back great memories. Metroid Echoes is still in the shrinkwrap, heh, as is most of what I got. I've mainly been playing FireRed and KOTOR II, but I've got about a month off, so...oh yeah, Duffman!

[font=comic sans ms][color=blue]My list is awfully short:
*a basket of lavender bath supplies (salts, bubble bath, etc.)
*a lee jean jack with faux fur lining (this is from my grandmother, and it's a really cool jacket)
*a white button up sweater
*a small purse with the letter "c" on it
*a rose quartz pendant
*a long black scarf (which I've needed forever)
*a small set of the body shop perfumes
*$25
*c.j. cherryh's "precursor" (the only book in a 6 book set I didn't have)
*a glass jar full of bath beads from my favorite store
*Jada & James Collectable Millitary Porcelain Dolls (that's from Nicholas)

and last but not least: STREP THROAT! I am contaigous until Tuesday.

Because of that, I haven't been able to get my gift from my best friend Margot. When I do, I'll update this list.[/color][/font]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Hehe, Christmas was bery, bery good to me this year! I got:

- A 20GB iPod (YAY! Finally!)
- Forgiven not Forgotton, the Corrs
- Clarity, Jimmy Eat World
- Mad Season, Matchbox 20
- A lovely poster of Orlando Bloom *drool*
- An Azumanga Daioh calendar
- A cute little Yuki (Fruits Basket) plushie (in rat form ^_^)
- A GIANT package of multi-colored sharpies and white out
- Banewreaker, by my favorite author, Jacqueline Carey
- $150 (from my aunt and grandma) and a $20 gift card to Best Buy from my dad
You can bet that $150 is going towards the last of my Azumanga dvds...and maybe some clothes.

I was extra happy though, that my family liked their gifts. I got my dad a book and my sister and I went halves on some pajamas for him too. I made my mom two cds with all the songs of mine she likes, and got her a nice, comfy fleece bathrobe. As for my sister, she got the best presents from me. Tales of Symphonia for GC and a Yu-Gi-Oh! calendar. Lol, she's probably playing ToS right now! [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Times New Roman]Okay my Christmas was good I really dont complain much about it is really not my thing.

Received:
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memmories
Bath stuff
A hair driyer
3 shirts
1 pair of pants
underwear
a teddy bear (is a classic! :rolleyes: )
A radio
shoes
40 dollars

Gave:
Mom: Her name in ceramic
Grandmother: Same
Brother:nothing
Father:Nothing

Im really not good at giving gifts so I just give something later to the people i misssed.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][B][U]What I gave[/U][/B]

[U]Friends[/U]

FF7 Cloud Drawing
Teen Titans Cyborg and Panda drawing
Megaman Zero drawing
Yu-Gi-Oh Dark Magician Girl drawing
Zelda Link drawing
Parappa The Rappa drawing
Hello Kitty Drawing
Prince of Persia drawing
Cowboy Bebop drawing
blue scarf
red scarf
crimson scarf

[U]Family[/U]

[B]Sister-[/B] oak horse scroll saw wall hanging (I made it)
[B]Mom-[/B] black walnut bowl (I made this also)
[B]Dad-[/B] sweat pants
[B]Brother-[/B] CD case
[B]Sister-in-law-[/B] Bathtub pillow
[B]Dog-[/B] A Bag of Beggin' Strip dog treats
[B]Cat-[/B] Pounce kitty treats

[U]What I got[/U]

[U]From my parents[/U]

Lip Gloss
Sketch pad
PS2
DDR Extreme
2 Dance mats
socks
gloves
nail polish
knitting needles
mechanical pencils

[U]Sister[/U]

Evanescence special edition DVD/CD: Anywhere But Home
Lord of The Rings: Two Towers

[U]Brother and Sister-in-law[/U]

Japan travel guide book
snowboarding socks

[U]My Friend, Ben[/U]

Robotech: Battlecry PS2 game.

I am really happy with what I got this year. My dog is alive and I got to see my older brother and Ben. This was the best Christmas ever![/COLOR]

[size=1][u]What I gave:[/u]

[b]To my friend:[/b] I feel so stupid, I feel so stupid giving my friend [i]Dance Dance Revolution Max 2[/i] for Christmas. First, it started all off with she wanting it, and I guess I wanted to be nice, and told her I would get it for. It was the last week of school until break until I finally realized what I told her and how stupid I am for promising her to get it. Well in the end, I did, and I spent a good forty-one dollars and forty nine cents to get that for her for Christmas. And in return, she gave me a homemade brownie and chocolate covered chex. -_-
--
[b]To my other friend:[/b] A little bag with cucumber melon scented lotion and shower gel, from Bath and Body Works. And a box of 12 candy canes.
--
[b]And yet another friend:[/b] A huge pack of Bazooka gum, and a box of 12 candy canes. (This friend, you can give her anything and she wouldn't care lol)
--
[b]And another friend:[/b] Ayumi Hamasaki's Evolution CD. Twenty dollars plus shipping and handling, hey, that's not bad for me.
--
[b]Older Brother:[/b] Miles Davis- Birth of Cool
~~
[u]What I got:[/u]

-A good fifty dollars from Grandma.
-A bunch of Japanese pop CDs
-Dance Dance Revolution Extreme
-Two InuYasha Pillows (one is under my butt on my computer chair at this very moment XD)
-Gravitation Vol. 1 & 2 on DVD
-Some FF Soundtracks
-Socks and other personal needs
-A Rubix Cube (I'm gonna sell the thing. -_-)
-Mini Snickers and 3 Musketeers bar
-Diarrhea. (><)

And that's about it.[/size]

:D

misa ... no one really knows misa but ...
i got a LOT of money & bought mi some anime & manga! the best part is i got a dvd player in mi room & a tv 2! so now mi ma kant tell mi not 2 watch it every 5 minutes!

( but mi ma dint give mi any tuna :tasty: this year ... :( )

***SORRY MODS!****
It's just that I don't think any of you are on to combat the massive amount of spam hitting the boards today. Sorry again.

[QUOTE=ziopheth]:D

misa ... no one really knows misa but ...
i got a LOT of money & bought mi some anime & manga! the best part is i got a dvd player in mi room & a tv 2! so now mi ma kant tell mi not 2 watch it every 5 minutes!

( but mi ma dint give mi any tuna :tasty: this year ... :( )[/QUOTE]
Good Gravey, Batman! What's he saying?

Seriously. Try to use correct spelling, puncutation, syntax, you know -- that jazz. This is a message board. There is no reason to try to abbrieviate what you're saying, as if time is of the essence. In an AIM conversation, I can understand this but this... this you can't do. Truthfully, no one wants to pick through your 'mangled english' to get to what you're saying.

Iv been posted WAY to many times about this ... sorry . Ill spell right , & the only reason i didnt is cause my mom makes me get off the computer in less than an hour (TORTURE!!! :( )
SO!!! On behalf of all the errors & incorrect post posted by yours truely today , to the admin.s ,& members , & aspecially any guests i may have scared away ... im sorry , & i hope you all eccept this note of apologie! :wigout: :D
And just on an extra note , I like your Peace Maker avatar , Altron! :D

[quote name='Baron Samedi][SIZE=1']I envy rich people.[/SIZE][/quote]

I agree verily. I don't understand where some of these parents are pulling their thousands and thousands of dollars from and how they can just spend it like that, but I guess it happened and if I complain then people will just call me jealous.

Anyway, I didn't get a computer or a car or any video games of anything cool like that. I got:
A t-shirt
PJ Pants
A picture in a cheap frame
Lord of the Rings DVD
And a few Christmas cards.

Yeah, didn't pull in too much of a good haul this year but it happens, I can't complain. I have my family and the care enough to sacrifice their small amount saved up on me and for that, I'm eternally thankful. I suppose Christmas is more about that though, to me anyway. I'll just keep on keeping on.

[QUOTE=Sol-Blade][SIZE=-3]Heh, I opened my gifts already. What about you? I thought it'd be fun to find out what everyone got for Christmas. I got a whole crap load of gifts from my Family! Merry Christmas indeed! No need to go over EVERY gift, but my major ones were a brand new 20GB iPod (Since my old one broke...), a brand new digital camera (Kodak C7430), a brand new SLR Nikon, a most of all, a brand spankin' new car!!!

I am the proud new owner of a 2003 Red Eclipse!

Ahem, now what did you guys get? :D

[I]Note: I know some of us here may not celebrate Christmas, but feel free to share your Holiday experience anyways![/I][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

*in a weak tone* i got a 20gb iPod too...but that was it... *looks up and sees all the pretty things Sol-Blade got* i think i'm gonna go now....*as i walk away you can hear me start to cry*

Gawd, i wish i got a car! You lucky SOB! I wish i were rich! *starts crying again*

OOC: Yeh...i just got a 20gb iPod. I'm very happy with it, it's very cool. I love iPods! I got all of my music on it and everything, it's awesome.

Later.

I collect dolls and things faerie and fae. Ranger always tries to find something unique and this year he found an exquisite doll. Unfortunately it didn't arrive in time for the holidays and it's still hasn't arrived yet but I do have a catalogue photo.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/desertranger/Photos/Strawberry4a.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Lady_Rin]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/desertranger/Photos/Strawberry4a.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]Not to be rude or anything, but I think that doll looks 1.) a bit too real and 2.) a lot like Jon Benet Ramsey. Creepy :eek: .

Lincoln hasn't gotten all of his gifts yet, but I did find him some cool boxer shorts. One has multicolred flames and bass guitars on them, the other is blue and has beer mugs and the words 'Beer with me' over it. My mom got him Llewllyn;'s Witches' date book and a $25 hot topic gift card. He got some more gift cards from other members of the family.

And I managed to enhance my make up collection with some body glitter a new mascara a lipgloss and some perfume. [/color]

[quote name='"chibihorsewoman"'] Not to be rude or anything, but I think that doll looks 1.) a bit too real and 2.) a lot like Jon Benet Ramsey. Creepy .[/quote]

No offense taken at all but your're right, I never thought that it looked like Jon Benet Ramsey. Too real was what caught me. this is the work of Natori Satio in Japan who specializes in photogenic dolls. that's ok, there's a 30 day satisfaction guarantee and exchange if Rin want's. There was another one that looked more like Rin, hairstyle and dress, that I liked that and almost bought, maybe I should have.

thanks for pointing that out.

*calls Rin, a discussion going on over here on this doll*

Rin agrees, we're going to return it for the other one. She says knowing that she couldn't have it in the house and says thank you.

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]I got an iBook and lots of cash, lol. Plus requisite clothes, etc etc. Dad also got me hosting but umm... evil stuff is happening in regards to that and it disappoints me greatly. u.u

I ended up spending way too much on other people this Christmas. I bought Mum the entire third season DVD of a show she likes, my bro some YuGiOh shizzle and Dad an expensive [looking] incense holder. I got Dad to buy everyone else gifts from me, lol, I honestly had no idea what to get people outside of my immediate family. ^_^;

I also sent some stuff overseas, bt to my knowledge it hasn't arrived yet so I don't think I'll spill any beans, lol.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[QUOTE=Doc][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Even though my Chrismas isn't done yet (I have to still go over to my dad's), I have a few funny presents. [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray] [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Let me start this out with a story from last night. My family travels to my grandparents house every Christmas eve and open some presents over there. Well, I started to open mine, and found three boxes. I'll let the pictures do the talking.[/color][/size][/font]
[url="http://img154.exs.cx/img154/9674/gift0013pc.jpg"][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]http://img154.exs.cx/img154/9674/gift0013pc.jpg[/color][/size][/font][/url]
[url="http://img154.exs.cx/img154/6308/gift0039to.jpg"][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]http://img154.exs.cx/img154/6308/gift0039to.jpg[/color][/size][/font][/url]
[url="http://img154.exs.cx/img154/7324/gift0044gb.jpg"][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]http://img154.exs.cx/img154/7324/gift0044gb.jpg[/color][/size][/font][/url]
[url="http://img154.exs.cx/img154/4830/gift0053ck.jpg"][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]http://img154.exs.cx/img154/4830/gift0053ck.jpg[/color][/size][/font][/url]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Enjoy:D[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]EDIT: I forgot to mention, I'm only 15[/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Ha, when I saw the first pic I totally thought, 'lucky bastard' XD[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I am equally creeped out by the realism of that doll. a lot like Shadow Hearts Covenant.

Me and my bros got an XBOX. I got Halo, Halo 2, and a huge Halo 2 strategy Guide along with a whole ton of candy. I also got money from multiple family members. My older younger brother got Baten Kaitos, a Halo action figure (god that thing is cool), and 2 gundam models. My other brother got Robosapien, a halo action figure, and a Xevoz battle thingie. My older younger brother bought Doctor Mario for my mom, but shes letting him take it back. What did I give my parents? A poem, one so good they cried and hugged me.