OtakuBoards

Is It Really Wrong To Have Peoples In Your Head?

Latharix_sama

Oh, yeah! Starting to dig up the old threads!

Multiple personalities are common, everyday placement. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, I talk to lately has this "feature" about them. Yesterday, the assistant manager at my work was talking to all the employees as if they were members of the army (he kept saying something about "You have have two speeds. Slow and stop," to one guy and said to me "You are moving as fast as pond water!"). I guess it can relate to how the person feels. ("SHH! Quiet. They're around the corner." Seeing this at a convenience store is ammusing.)

Anyways, my understanding is that the reason why (a good number of) people have this feature is that these people have a different way of relating themselves to the parts of their brain (conscious and subconscious) and are able to represent themselves better in this fassion. (Apoligies for the long sentence.) This can be good or bad whatever the case may be.

Unfortunately for me, I don't have alternate personalities that I am aware of. I ussually get mood swings according to how much I sleep and how "influenced" I am (the last comment [B]does not[/B] refer to a drug reference in any way).

Thanks for BEARING my explanation/opinion (stress on the opinion).

[QUOTE=Xy GGu]Multiple personalities are common, everyday placement. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, I talk to lately has this "feature" about them.

Unfortunately for me, I don't have alternate personalities that I am aware of. [/QUOTE][b]I [i]had[/i] to comment on your post, Xy GGu... I tried to resist the urge to click that damnable, beckoning reply button, but didn't have the fortitude to suppress it.[/b]

[b]Multiple personalities are [i]not[/i] common. In fact, it is quite rare to come across a person that truly is inflicted with Multiple Personality Disorder. It is a devastating disorder that is almost always born of severe emotional and physical trauma in early childhood.[/b]

[b]People with this disorder are often unaware that they even have it, as their personalities exist independently of one another (though this isn't true of all cases, it is true of most).[/b]

[b]I don't understand why you would say it is [i]unfortunate[/i] that you don't have alternate/multiple personalities.[/b]

[b]It is one thing to have mood swings and to behave differently at times than you typically do, and it's even normal for people to have [i]instable [/i]personalties (ie: the passive/aggressive types), but to wish that you had a severe mental illness that disrupts every relationship and activity in your life ...to the point of not being able to properly function as a human being? Why would it be [i]unfortunate[/i] that you don't suffer from this illness?[/b]

[b]And... *takes a deep breath* ... Here's some (really) general information on Schizophrenia-- which is [u]not[/u] the same thing as MPD by any means.[/b]

[b]Schizophrenia does not mean multiple personalities. This myth and mistake is perpetuated everywhere outside of the psychology profession. [/b]

[b]I see reference to it at least once a week on the telly or in the papers, but it is a load o' crap. And it all began with grammatical misunderstanding... *sigh*... but that doesn't matter now...[/b]

[b]What she described in the start of this thread was imagination... and then it became psychoses and auditory hallucinations after several others had posted.[/b]

[b]Assuming that she was not simply filling an immature need for attention, and that she truly experiences these things and has a psychological disorder, her symptoms would suggest early-onset schizophrenia... [i]really early[/i]... (maybe childhood schizophrenia would best cover it...)[/b]

[b]Which would be [i]most [/i]unfortunate, because it is an organic brain disorder (essentially, what that means is that it's not just in the person's psyche, but the brain itself is diseased/disfigured/damaged), and the prognosis is not good for schizophrenic patients, even with the available treatments-- and it is [i]especially[/i] poor for early-onset and childhood-onset schizophrenics. They tend to get worse faster, respond to treatment less, etc...[/b]

[b]There is no cure for schizophrenia yet, and (as with all psychological, emotional, and behavioral disorders) little is known about it's causes.[/b]

[b]*heh*-- it's only the super-quick-extremely-general info summary of chapters and chapters of fascinating study...[/b]

Don't mind me-- I'm deleriously sleep-deprived once again... and although I know I should just shut the hell up-- I'm babbling anyhow...