OtakuBoards

Does GameCube Have Any Good Anime Games?

EVA Unit 100

I seems nearly all of the anime video games that aren't DBZ seem to go to PS2. I have a Gamecube, and while they have better controls than PS2 and have some awesome games like Metroid Prime, Super Smash Bros., Animal Crossing, Viewtiful Joe, Wind Waker, Tony Hawk Underground, etc., there seems to be a lack of anime games for Gamecube. I think there's a Gundam game coming up, and a One Piece game which will definately be screwed to fit the 4Kids version, but that's it. Hopefully the Naruto GC games will be released it America but ShoPro and Hot Topic seem to be hyping the PS2 ones much more. Will there ever be a good Yuyu Hakusho or Stand Alone Complex game or something along the lines ever coming to Gamecube?

[color=navy][size=1]I moved your thread; video game discussions should take place in Play It, even if the games in question are related to an anime.

- Dagger[/size][/color]

[COLOR=blue]The Naruto Gecko Ninja (or whatever) series for the GC is surprisingly good. Of course, like most TV-to-Game creations, it isn't the most amazing fighting game or anything. Blocking blocks everything, and all you have to do to block is stand still. Also, some characters are distinctly weaker than others (see: Hinata vs Neji). However, the four-player mayhem it allows is really enjoyable.

I would recommend part 3 of the series simply because it has the best of the previous games and then some. All you need to do to play the game is Action Replay, which is very easy to get, so importing isn't such a big deal. And the menus you can figure out ("versus" followed by "dattebayo").

Also, you might be interested to know that GC has quite a few good anime-like games, where the characters are anime-ish. Some of these games are really good (Tales of Symphonia), but I think other people know about those games better than I do.[/COLOR]

Now hold on, didn't Yu Yu Hakusho Dark Tournament come out for Gamecube? Didn't it suck completely and was considered one of the worst fdighting games of all time? I do know that there are 3 fighting anime games coming out for Gamecube. Zatch Bell for GC comes out later this year, which will be interesting because you actually fight with the mamoto and their human companion. Theres also the One Piece game coming out soon, which I can't see being good, especially if it uses the same voices as the anime. I know that the Naruto fighting game series is coming out after the anime hits Cartoon Network. There is one anime fighting game I know of that is already out for Gamecube. Rave Master. I've heard that it isn't bad either, but it's not so much a fighting game as it is a party game.

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Something that angers me very much, is that there are really a ton of anime games on the Gamecube and every other console actually, just not in America... :animesigh

It really sucks, especially the fact that some are better than the ones that come out here... :animesigh

An example is a Dragonball game that come out for the Game Boy Advance sometime. I got to play it and it was actually really good! It was a Side-Scroller/Fighter game called. Dragonball Advance Adventure, and it went all the way to when Gokou defeats King Piccolo.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I love my gamecube so muchies!!! But its really hard to find anime games... The best ones I've found that are at least anime -based are:

Tales of Symphonia (Totally awesome in every way!)

Baten Kaitos (Ok, but card based which bothers me)

Final Fantasy: chronicles of time or somethign? (Only a kool game when there are at least 3 people playing)

Rave Master (mainly just battle, battle, battle, but u can pick of 4 char. story lines to follow.)

Pirates of Arcadia (kinda an older game but fun and prettiful.)

thats all i can think of right now... there are A LOT more anime based games for Playstation of PS2 tho. That's prolly the best game systems to get.

[QUOTE=MeianHakasawa]I love my gamecube so muchies!!! But its really hard to find anime games... The best ones I've found that are at least anime -based are:

Tales of Symphonia (Totally awesome in every way!)

Baten Kaitos (Ok, but card based which bothers me)

Final Fantasy: chronicles of time or somethign? (Only a kool game when there are at least 3 people playing)

Rave Master (mainly just battle, battle, battle, but u can pick of 4 char. story lines to follow.)

Pirates of Arcadia (kinda an older game but fun and prettiful.)

thats all i can think of right now... there are A LOT more anime based games for Playstation of PS2 tho. That's prolly the best game systems to get.[/QUOTE]

Um... Im assuming you mean Skies of Arcadia, and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.

Other than Rave Master, none of those games are actually anime games, just games with anime-esque animation.

I can list some anime games for Gamecube, but I know nothing about them, or even if the animes are any good.

Cubix
D.I.C.E.
Dragon Ball Z
F-Zero (anime based on game)
Kirby (same thing)
Gundam
Medabots
Naruto (american release, unconfirmed)
One Piece
Pokemon
Rave Master
Robotech
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Zatch Bell
Zoids

Wait! Don't bother, I found out I was wrong. I thought that Gamespot was talking about the American release, but it was the Japanese version. I have the August Nintendo Power and they have no plan to release Naruto for any of their consoles. Import Away.

Im going to check for the PS2 version... Im sorry.

[B]PN03[/B] (or Product Number 03) is quite a good anime styled game. It is not graphically anime. But it is the kind of game where you are a girl in a robotic body suit, dancing to dodge bullets and shooting (alot of) robots.
It is quite good, even if a little short.

I would recommend buying Final Fantasy: Crystal chronicles,
While not cell shaded like the rest of the anime-games genre, It's texture reminds me of a perfectly crafted anime RPG. FFCC(Final fantasy: Crystal Chronicles)
does not boast the most spectacular story line. It does however, provide a worth while RPG for the GC. For i have noticed, that most RPG's for GC quiet frankly suck, if you crave the in depth story line of ff7 or the less popular ff8(Which I like the most) I suggest you buy a PSX or Ps2. FFCC doesnt provide the best of experiences while gaming,but still provides a better than average RPG for the GC.
Hope you find this useful!

[QUOTE=Xuande]I would recommend buying Final Fantasy: Crystal chronicles,
While not cell shaded like the rest of the anime-games genre, It's texture reminds me of a perfectly crafted anime RPG. FFCC(Final fantasy: Crystal Chronicles)
does not boast the most spectacular story line. It does however, provide a worth while RPG for the GC. For i have noticed, that most RPG's for GC quiet frankly suck, if you crave the in depth story line of ff7 or the less popular ff8(Which I like the most) I suggest you buy a PSX or Ps2. FFCC doesnt provide the best of experiences while gaming,but still provides a better than average RPG for the GC.
Hope you find this useful![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't recomend FF Crustal Chronicles...... while the characters are nice enough (as well as the graphics), the game itself is really boring unless you have three people playing.... playing alone is boring and playing with two people is more annoying than anything else (playing with both characters attacking is annoying because you both die rather quickly, and playing with one attacker and one healer is annoying cause the attacker is always dying and it's often hard to revive them because of the number of enemies in an area).

There are a lot more anime based games for PS2.... but a lot of the good ones aren't out here.

I -think- there are like 3 or 4 different One Piece games and like 3 Naruto games fr the GC, but I could be wrong.
Looking up stuff, I also found Boboboubo Boubobo Dassutsu! Hajike Royale, two different Zatch Bell games (I think there were two), Captain Tsubasa, Groove Adventure Rave, Hikaru no Go, Ultimate Muscle (is that what's it called here? There are like 3 diff games O_o but I think we only got one here), Lupin, Gundam (some released here, some not), Doraemon, Shaman King, Zoids (I think we only have one Zoids game here? I think there's at least one more Japanese one that wasn't released here),

A bit random, but Shounen Jump (I think issue 31) has an article on game called Jump SuperStars for the DS... and it looks like you can play characters from Naruto, DBZ, Yuyu Hakusho, One Piece, and several other titles.. but.... that's not really what you were looking for either ^^; ).

So there are a few anime based game for the GC, just not out here. Here, the PS2 has a lot more (and I'm guessing a lot more Japanese games are released on the PS2 as well)

[QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Guess who's going to buy the new Nintendo Power? :D

I really like Naruto!!!

Thank you, celestialcharm. And happy birthday!!! You're older than me... ;) [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Yay thanx and np. It's kinda funny because Nintendo sent two copies of Aug's issue. But, one day in the near future I believe Nintendo shall have many anime based games (maybe more than PS2 :animesmil ). I guess we just have to wait :animeswea

• 2 weeks later...