OtakuBoards

Your 5 Absolute Favorite Anime

2010DigitalBoy

Guest DBzach77
dbz because the action almost never stops and the blast look sick. dbgt because it is just like dbz and the super saiyan fours look like alot like the great apes and they are like my favorite characters other then vegeta and goku. yugioh because the monsters are very very cool and the mylenium items are very cool too. naruto because the attacks are weird and the people look cool one piece because the kid with the hat has stretchy arms

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font=Arial Black][size=4][color=darkorange]

[b][font=System][color=black]My favourites, in order, here it goes: [/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=System][color=#000000][/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=System][color=#000000]5. has probably got to be... ROD, that movie , y'know, i havent seen that TV show that came afer, but ROD had lots of Action , Adventure, lots of Charater developmant was shown especially for MS. Deep... And, let's not forget the little bits of chick action that were fairly nice.[/color][/font][/b]

[b][font=System][color=#000000]4. Pokemon, I have a weird weakness for this childrens show, It has the aspects of life, relationships, friends, and some of the monsters are really cool. [/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=System][color=#000000]3.Street Fighter 2V This was a lot of fun... it was stuffed to the gills with action, the guys were cool, the chicks were hot. What more havei to explain right? well, except of course that the story line was EXCELLENT.[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=System][color=#000000]2. Love Hina. Great storyline, bravo, and The teenager came out in me just that much more after seeing it. And come on, some of those shots of the girls in THAT one I had to rewind... [/color][/font][/b]
[color=red]Am I evil? why YES of course...[/color]
[b][font=System][color=#000000]1. DRAGON BALL This is without a doubt the best anime ever created. If someone wants to disagree with me, i mean that's cool, I don't mind making the occasional murder, but this storyline had heart, the action was amazing, (some of the early episodes are very "manly" if ya know what i'm saying)[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=System][color=#000000]No preference for me beetween the 3 parts of the series, but i know that GT is probably gonna suck, ( i haven't seen it yet) [/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=System][color=#000000]This has lots of examples about growing up, and there's one episode where Goku has to leave his planet to go to somewhere to train or something since he had already died, and it was really touching, the moment where he and his little boy shared a tearfull goodbye, but anyway, enough of...that..*sniff* anyway, that's my favourite of all time.[/color][/font][/b]
[/color][/size][/font]

Guest NeoQueenSerena
I would have to say my favs. are:

1. Inuyasha- it's just one of the best

2. Dragonball/z/Gt- Becuz it's one of the first anime shows I grew to love

3. Sailor Moon- Becuz its just funny and u gotta love Serena lol

4. Love Hina- Becuz this show is totally funny

5. Full-Metal Alchemist- it just speaks fo itself

[COLOR=DarkOrange]4. [B]Kino's Journey [/B] - I feel strange putting this on my list as opposed to the very similar[B] King of Bandits Jing [/B] because I only saw this recently and I've had Jing for years, but this one had a sort of depth Jing could never reach.

The verious tales and adventures of Kino always managed to be entertaining wether they were mellow or action-packed (honestly some of the coolest battles I've ever seen!) The best part is that almost eery story came with a plot-twist from the relatively obvious to the totally off-the-wall surprises.

Kino's Journey gives a look at a world different form ours but infinetally similar. I'd reccommend it to literally anyone.

5. [B]Samurai X [/B] (prequel) - No matter how you look at it, this is just a damn good anime. It's got a story that's surprisingly deep for just 4 episodes, and despite the general lack of speach by either of them, I grew attached to Tomoe and Kenshin.

But this isn't the real reason anyone likes this movie. It's bloody, action-packed, and gratifying (Instead of sparing everyone, we get to see Kenshin doing something cool! Yay!) and it's got one of my alltime favorite kills [spoiler]the guy with the chains who Kenshin cuts in half vertically[/spoiler]

PLEASE NOTE: there are other anime that belong in my five, I just haven't seen them in their entirety.[/COLOR]

Guest Emmy Em
I'd personally say my faves are

#1: Chobits: I have alot of fun watching Chobits even if I've seen it a million times. I love how cute Chi is in even just every day actions.
#2: Elfen Lied: I like Elfen Lied because of the fact that it makes me feel good to see someone finally getting back at someones Tyrants even if it isn't in real life. The girls in there are really cute also. and I like how they use their innocence as a veil to cover their knowledge that they hurt people... even though technically it's not them doing it. and I love the funny scenes in it though very few
#3: Better Man: A rarely known of anime. I love it because of its action scenes, big robots and twisted comedy

I apologize but I can't think of 2 others

Oooh my favorite animes! Ok here goes!

[B]Gravitation[/B] I do NOT like this anime just cause it has some hawt guyXguy action (Honestly, beyond the two or three kisses there is no 'hawt guyXguy action") I like this anime for the characters. I'll admit it's not the best. The manga bears a striking resembalence to Furi Kuri and the anime ended WAY before the manga ended so it's kind of vague. But this is all made up for in the characters and the music.

Shuichi and Yuki just have this great chemistry that makes them an adorable couple, than we have the hyper Ryuichi (I think he has a hidden agenda, I hope his past is unraveled soon) the disturbing Tohma, the kewl Hiro and the invisible Suguru (No one EVER remembers him but he's still awesome) All these guys together just make the anime fun and brings it to life despite it's flaws, making it my favorite.
DO NOT COMPARE THIS ANIME TO LOVELESS! :mad: They are so diffrent it's amazing.

[B]Full Moon wo Sagashite[/B] From the first episode I was addicted to this anime. This anime also has endearing characters, but the story is what's really the masterpiece here. Mitsuki has throat cancer and unless she has a surgery she will probably die. Mistsuki refuses the surgery because she doesn't want to risk losing her voice and compromise her dream of being a singer. This goes back to a promise with her first love that one day they will accomplish their dreams and meet again. In comes Shinigami (Death gods) Takuto and Meroko to help her accomplish her dream before she dies. And there we have it. The basic outline of a great story. The first half of the series is light and cheerful as it tells ther going-ons, but the second half it gets a bit darker and so much better. I don't want to ruin it but it is definitly my favorite.

Those are my two main favorites. With the rest it's harder to choose so I'll get back to you.

Okay here we go....

1: Bleach - When I first heard about this Anime I was like "WTF?" Ive seen the name online before but never really took the time to actually watch and epiosde [at the time I had dial-up >.<]. So anyways I had a friend named Corey he was a really huge anime fan, more than me =P. Anyways he told me about it and it was nothing like I thought. He said "Grim Reapers and Dead Spirits FTW!" but he handed me a CD with the first 5 episodes and ever since then I have loved the series. What I most love though is the storyline everything flows nicely and if not immediately if anything is confusing it will eventually make sense. The fights are excellent and the skills like Shikai and Bankai as well as the Destructive Arts are really cool.

2: Death Note - Ive read all of the manga so when I found out that they were creating a Death Note anime I flipped out. The anime sticks very closely to the Manga besides a few points where they do some stuff before it supposed to happen, and leaving some stuff out [COLOR=Black][Such as when Light kills his first victim he is supposed to cower under his blanket which he doesn't do in the anime][/COLOR] But the music fits the anime very well and the fact their has been no anime quite like it make it awesome. I mean their is basically no fighting its all mental warfare.

3: D.Gray Man - I'm only on Episode 5 but it has quickly rose to my top 5. The anime has alot of stuff I look for such as storyline and characters but the fact that they are Exorcists make it awesome. When I hear exorcist I think of projectile vomiting and spinning heads. Not cool moves and weapons, but I'm not complaining.

4: Hellsing - One of my friends on another forum introduced me to this anime. I really like the idea of a vampire being the "hero" if you could say. Also the anime was very dark and creepy which adds and extra brownie point.

5: Dunno - When it comes to five its hard for me to decide since I watch so much anime, Some mentions are: Trigun, Inuyasha, Gintama, Elfen Lied, Ergo Proxy, and Neon Genesis Evagelion.

[COLOR=DarkOrange]*mumbling 'not going to play mod' over and over to self*

New #1!

[B]The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya [/B] - What takes off as a comedy and weaves itself an intricate and fulfilling plot is my new #1 favorite anime of all time, Haruhi Suzumiya.

The best word I could use to describe this anime is fun. There was never an 'episode I didn't like' or a part that was 'boring', it was all pure gold. The escapades of the SOS Brigade were sometimes interesting, sometimes hilarious, and sometimes just plain cool.

All the characters were well-represnted and cool and loveable. i can't even think of a background character I didn't like.[/COLOR]

I have a new #3 fav.

[B]Hand Maid May[/B]
It had a very good storyline and awesome plot twists. [spoiler] Like when you see big may for the very first time and you find out that that robot guy was the lead characters dad.[/spoiler] I also like the fact that it had a semi gospel esque ending to it.

1.Neon Gensis Evangelion. From the first time I saw it I was mezmorized by this series. Watching it the first time through offers the thrill of this unpredictable story that seems to shift paces like a car shifts gears. But as you go back to watch it again youu start realizing that there is alot more depth tot he story then one would have orginally thought.

2.Bleach. This new kid on the block in the anime world is making some serious waves considering it's one of the newest ones to hit the states. This series appeals to me simply because of the characters. Theres something about each character that feels orginal and fresh, while maintaining some odd sort of familiarity. The story s nothing to unusual or speacial, but the cast makes up for this fact.

3.Cowboy Bebop. This is a series with an attitude all it's own. the whole feel to the series is serene and mellow, while still containing great fight scenes and pleanty of action. The characters feel human. It's as if they were living breathing people with stories all there own. You never learn too much about any of them and that just adds to the story, because it makes things seem less personable. Like your just following these total strangers around.

4.S-cry-ED. This is just fun for some beat down action. There's no real depth to the series and nothing special about it, it's just a good time. And, honestly, that's all you need sometimes.

5.Trigun. The men of the hour here are none other then Vash the Stampede and Nicholas D. Wolfwood. This tag team make up the whole of this seriesa appeal as far as I'm concerned. Nuf said.

• 2 weeks later...
1. [i]Neon Genesis Evangelion[/i]: Ugh, what ISN'T there to say about this hilarious series. The only thing is, I've been over-exposed to the TV ending of the series and am finding myself congratulating people for no reason. I've only cared to sit through the original episodes 25 and 26 entirely maybe twice, at most.

2. [i]One Piece[/i]: I would say that Toei can work with long series better than TV Tokyo, seeing as the animation style in Naruto has changed dramatically throughout the series so far, resulting in tons of bad drawing while One Piece sticks as closely to Eiichiro Oda's drawings. Also, Toei's One Piece bgm uses music unlike any other making the series unique and fresh.

3. [i]Death Note[/i]: Since this series started after the manga finished, there will be no filler episodes, which means no crappy made up storyline that never happened. So far in the 11 episodes that have aired, at least every episode contains some sort of epic moment, some more epic than others, but epic nonetheless.

4. [i]Fullmetal Alchemist[/i]: Even though the anime totally deviated from the manga about half-way through the series, the anime managed to create its own ending that worked, for the most part, with the series. I remember watching the movie subtitled on a cam rip from a Japanese theatre, before they even released the movie on DVD in Japan. That was interesting... XD

5. [i]Bleach[/i]: I first encountered the manga on someone's myO site, they had posted chapter 1 of it, and I was interested, and eventually got really well into it, so I looked up the anime and found that there was already one in production, about 6 episodes in, so began downloading fansubs of the series. Good stuff, too bad it's in filler country now, which is why I've reverted to reading the manga and not watching the anime.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Hmmm..... my top 5 favorite anime are as follow's:

1. Naruto: I really like this anime mainly for the justu's and character's. Of course, the storyline is pretty cool as well, but not as cool as the pwnage of the jutsu's. <3

2. Dragonball Z: Call me crazy, but, it's a classic, and I love it.*shrugs*

3. Bleach: Great character's, sword fighting, and Shinigami.^^

4. Death Note: What can I say? This is simply an awesome anime all the way around. I mean, just the suspense it's self is enough to keep me watching it. And a occasional dash of comedy only make's it even more lovable.

5. Gokusen: I just really loved the comedy in this one. That's basically it, I just found it hilarious.^^Too bad it only ran for 13 episode's.*shakes head*

Well, there's my top 5.^^[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
Okay...here i go!

1) yu yu hakusho! i love it! i started watching it four years ago and i'm still hooked. the characters are real enough to connect w/(especially yusuke) and even tho yusuke is the main character, the show, well, shows that it's not always just about one person.

2)fma-this speaks for itself, not really much to say because everyone's already said it. but i will say i love how human all the characters are (excluding the homunculi) and i'm just a big alphonse fan. i love him.

3)naruto-this show is just wonderful; it has everything packed into a great big anime sandwhich. i love the art, and i love the originality of the show.

4) Ouran High School Host Club- a new fav of mine, but i can't stop getting enough of it. the characters are hot, and it's just so funny!

5) (i can't believe i didn't see more of this one) DB, and DBZ- i say this especially because it was my first anime, and it's just plain funny at times. it's everything an action lover wanted, no strings attached.

other animes that are worth mentioning
trigun
fruits basket
ruroni kenshin
kurogane (not from tsubasa, and not peace maker)
card captor sakura
angelic layer

and that's about all i can think of at this time!

It almost seems silly to post an absolute favorite list when I?ve seen so little anime. But I can say which series I like the best so far.

[B]Fruits Basket: [/B]This was the first anime I actually sat down and really watched and I enjoyed every minute of it. In addition to the wacky part of the main characters changing into an animal from the zodiac every time they were hugged by a member of the opposite sex. The development of the characters and how they interacted with others was equally as wacky. I?ll never be able to forget the priceless moment of Shigure heading towards Tohru?s school singing High School girls all for me.

[B]Full Metal Panic Fuumofuu:[/B] I enjoyed the first season of this series, but it was the second that was the icing on the cake for me as it set things up for you to truly appreciate the outright hilarious second season. Never before had I laughed so hard that I thought I was going to pass out. From the hot springs episode, to the one on sports to the one where the main girl was kidnapped. I loved every minute of it.

[B]DNAngel:[/B] What guy doesn?t wish he could turn into a phantom thief and steal the hearts of all the beautiful women? Plus I liked the main character Daisuke as he kind of reminded me of myself. Throw in a sadistic [spoiler] white winged nemesis [/spoiler] lots of innuendos and it made for a great time. I?ve also been reading the manga to this series and it?s making me wish they had spread this into two seasons to include the stories that were left out.

[B]Moon Phase:[/B] I?ve yet to see the whole series as it?s not out on DVD yet. But I love the lack of blood fests this vampire show has going. It?s fun in how the two main characters are constantly arguing and yet it?s obvious they care for each other. I?m really hoping that they can hold it together till the end so that it will truly earn the spot of one of my favorites.

That?s pretty much all I have for the moment.

[Size=1]Wow, lots of people seem to like Bleach, Naruto, NGE and Death Note.... Dernit.

1. Air TV- Possibly the sadest anime I've ever watched. [spoiler]Watching Mizusu die in the last episode about killed the emotional center of my brain @.@[/spoiler] The various characters and their [spoiler]"happy endings"[/spoiler] always brought a smile to my face, in between the tears.

Wind ~A Breath of Fresh Air~ - Another tear jerker, although not until the end. The short under 15 minute episodes didn't leave for a huge amount of character development, but a goog deal did still happen. Another good one for those days where you just wanna cry. hinthint.

Tsubasa Chronicles - Seeing the manga moving is always fun and the very few filler episodes are quite entertaining. I haven't finished the second season, but from what I've watched, I've enjoyed it greatly. The plot only gets better from what I've seen and can hardly stand the wait until the third and final season, if I understood correctly, starts.

Bleach - What can I say, I'm the fan that's seen EVERY episode and has loved every minute of it. Filler arc included, I love Bleach for it's "round-ness", even if it's gotten a tad bit "emo" due to the filler. My hope is that the humor'll pick itself back up as the new arc begins. Rukia ftw.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Come on, to get me that hooked on twelve episodes, the show obviously had to be something great. From murder mysteries to other worlds, there was something for just about everyone in Haruhi. I'd suggest it to any anime fan. [spoiler]Even the fetished freaks get their fill of bunny-girls.[/spoiler] xD[/size]

[color=darkred][size=1]

While I have alot of favorites, I suppose these are what could be considered the best of my favorites.

[b]1. Samurai Champloo:[/b] Combining two of my favorite flavors, Hip Hop and Samurai, creating a sammich of sheer greatness. I love the show for everything it had. The characters, the plots of each episode, the style and fluidity of the animation, and the music. Oh the music, how it was great. Champloo has the best opening theme out of all anime, in my opinion. The first to actually do a good rap song. I loved the show from start to finish. Mugen remains my favorite anime character of all time aswell.

[b]2. Eureka Seven:[/b] When Eureka Seven first aired on [adult swim] I thought to myself, "Oh, here comes another Gundam hopeful." Little did I know that this show would grab my attention and hold it from then on. The characters are all great and colorful, the animation is BEAUTIFUL, and the mecha are all really interestingly designed. I love the drama between the characters, and the way that it shows Renton growing from a generally immature brat into a responsible young man. Also, the best ending theme of all time goes to the season two's "Deep Thoughts".

[b]3. FL/CL:[/b] There's not alot about Fooly Cooly to be said other than just how great it is in all areas. Animation is flawless. The characters are fun and quirky. The plot is random, action packed, and humorous. Aswell, The Pillows is basically the shows whole soundtrack, and they rock oh so hard. It's a great coming of age story hidden behind a lot of wacky innuendo and Vespa riding aliens.

[b]4. Cowboy Bebop:[/b] Basically, Cowboy Bebop did for Jazz what Champloo did for Hip Hop, except it's the other way around. The characters are all great. The shows plot (all though sparce inbetween) is great. And Spike Speigel is a all in all bad dude. I loved how the show approached Bounty Hunting in such a light hearted, humorous manner, but knew when to get serious for the main story. Also, Ed's Dad vs. Spike ranks as one of the greatest fights in anime.

[b]5. Bleach:[/b] The characters. Plain and simple. Kenpachi, Kyouraku, Renji, Ichigo, Gin, all of them are just great characters whom I love to watch interact with one another (usually violently). The first show to grab my love and attention enough to watch subs on YouTube. 'Nuff said. Also the music is great.

[b]Honorable Mention:[/b]

Outlaw Star
Tenchi Muyo
Afro Samurai (Samurai Champloo on crack.)
DragonBall Z (The ORIGINAL!)
Mobile Suit Gundam: 0080 War in a Pocket
Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team
G Gundam (aka the Guilty Pleasure)
Trigun (used to be a top fiver, but eventually, the animation fell out with me.)
Naruto
Ruroini Kenshin
[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
\[COLOR=DarkGreen]]Speed Grapher- seriously a MA series. But a great one nonetheless. Its unique concept and love story suck in you. Its a thriller anime that constantlly throws you in loops. Great cast of characters. Amazingly creative battles. And Saiga and SeuTengu are just so badass. Every episode is unique in its own way. A truly underrated but amazing series.

Samurai X Trust and Betrayal- Truly the greatest anime movie of all time. Amazing animation and storyline. Romance and shows a era filled with violence and blood splattering. Kenshin is a great character(hence my username) . There really is nothing wrong with this film it's perfection. Never has an anime combined so many elements and made it all so good.

Except more of my favorite titles in the future[/COLOR]

I enjoy Cwboy Bebop and FMA and all the other standard well-loved anime, but my core list of Top 5 consists of others that may be overlooked.

#1 - [B]RahXephon[/B] - Often criticized as a rip-off of Evangelion, Rah is actually Eva done right. It's chock full of deeper meanings and subtext and wandering plot threads that manage to come together very successfully in the end (and it actually has a satisfying ending, unlike Eva). The animation is incredible and it also doesn't suffer from too much angst among the characters. A good part of the plot revolves around music, which I really enjoy.

#2 - [B]Haibane Renmei[/B] - Created by Yoshitoshi Abe who also made [I]Serial Experiments Lain[/I], it is a complete 180 from that style of story. It starts off pretty light as we get to know the main cast, a group of girls who are part of a group called Haibane. It's kind of slice of life as we follow the newest Haibane, Rakka, as she learns about the world she has been born into. Then a subtle change in the emotional level of the show occurs as Rakka must deal with self doubt and help a friend who is consumed by her own inner demons. The final episode will keep you on the verge of tears, and probably push you over. Some of the most simple yet powerful drama I've ever seen in any anime.

#3 - [B]Noir[/B] - This series just oozes style out of every pore. From the action, to the music, to the art and backgrounds, it's a visual treat. The story of two young women who are assassins and their search for answers to their pasts, it's one of those shows that isn't for everyone. It's pace is rather slow, and there's an important piece of music to do with the plot that gets played a million times. It's very much like the Noir films its named after. But if you love stylish art and action, beautiful soundtrack, and girls with guns... you can't find much better.

#4 - [B]X (TV)[/B] - While I was disappointed in the manga's translation, the TV series has become one of my absolute favorite shows. Who's side are you on? X is the story of two groups of psychically empowered people who have gathered to fight it out for the fate of the world. And it's not so easy to tell the "good guys" from the "bad guys" as the charatcers and their motivations and not cut and dry. The series has really great animation and character designs and time is spent between the main plot and fleshing out the backstory of most of the characters. Pretty much the only shojou TV series I enjoy.

#5 - [B]Requiem from the Darkness[/B] - This show gets absolutely no recognition at all. Set in the Edo period, it follows a young man named Momosuke who is an aspiring writer wanting to write a book of 100 ghost stories. He crosses paths with a mysterious trio who seem to be on a mission to punish the worst sinners and is dragged into their world, drawn deeper into the mystery. This is an excellent horror series that is very distinctive in it's artwork and design. Momosuke and several other characters all look normal, but the rest, especially background or bit characters, are drawn to look very distorted and inhuman. An excellent show for fans of dark stuff and horror tales.

[COLOR=Green][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hmmm... my favourites hmmm... I guess first would be Escaflowne or Wolf's Rain then Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist, Hellsing, and Naruto...? I like Suikoden III the mangas a lot but they're mangas so I'm not sure if they count...

1. Escaflowne- because it's really awesome and the characters are really awesome! I also like the idea of slipping off into another world! And the art is different from a lot of other animes. I love the art style! ^.~ My favourite characters from this are Dilandau, Merle, and Nariya and Eriya! :catgirl:

Wolf's Rain- because I like where it takes place and the overall story of it. I love how it isn't one of those "super happy everything goes perfect and the world is saved with love" kind of animes I like it because it shows such a sad reality that I can almost see in the future. The story is really good too because the concept of a Paradise and wolves being in the beginning and stuff, the story is just so unique! ^.^ My favourite character from this one is Cheza!

2. Inuyasha- because there are just so many interesting characters! It's a long series but it has a lot of good and interesting characters in it that help get people very attached to it. I think that's one reason why people like this anime the most is for the characters, you'll find atleast one you like ^.~ As for me, my favourite character is Sango!

3. Hellsing- because the characters are unique and the story is quite interesting! I also really like the art in it too ^.~ This is definately the best vampire anime I've ever seen! It has a very different looking art style like Escaflowne, some people might not like the difference but I adore them both! ^.^ And all the characters are kind of unique, there are a lot of quiet and mysterious guys in this one but my favourite character would have to be one of the more talkative characters, Seras! I also like Walter because he seems kind of interesting but I don't know much about him ^.^;

4. Full Metal Alchemist- because it also has a kind of sad reality and an interesting story! I honestly don't like the anime as much because it confuses you a little but the manga is great. An anime about alchemy is really interesting in my opinion ^.~ My favourite characters from this are Lust and Wrath, Gluttony is so funny too! :D

5. Naruto- because of all the interesting characters mainly. I left this one for 5th place instead of Full Metal Alchemist because I'm not as attached to the characters like the Inuyasha ones can make you and because it's very slow in the beginning of the anime but once you get past all the beginning stuff with the characters and places and stuff it gets a lot better, way more exciting also ninjas are a popular subject for animes so it's just not as unique as an alchemy story. ^.^ But there are a lot of different types of interesting characters and usually a person will be able to find atleast one character they like. My favourite characters for this anime are Sasuke and Haku![/FONT][/COLOR]

Guest natsume
[COLOR=YellowGreen][COLOR=YellowGreen]xxx[/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]xxx[/FONT][/FONT]

hi all i'm new member in otaku

nice 2 meet u all

fav anime :

- full metal alchemist
first time i read it, I didn't have any interest in it.. but after read more and more i'm become addicted.. hmmm
- Naruto
such a great anime, especially sasuke,itachi,kakashi with icha2 paradise...
- Fruit Basket
anyone can tell me the ending.. i'm wonder
- Skip Beat
when the ghost out, it's the interesting point...
- Alice Gakuen
hmm a kind of friendship theme with so many problem and so romantic (is that so???)

haha.. of course this is subject to change..

[B]Air[/B]
I honestly can't say enough good things about Air, in fact everything about this show is phenomenal which is why it's my personal number one. The first thing I noticed about Air was the artwork, things like the sky and the ocean are vibrant and alive with colour, subtle things like the waves breaking on the beach look so real that I wouldn't be at all surprised if the animators actually took real video footage and just painted over it to get the effect. Air's greatest acheivemant however is its cast, right off the bat it has to be said that the female characters are cute beyond words and the lead male character (and his gravity-defying fringe) is one of the few male Anime characters that I could actually relate to as a male Anime fan. More importantly however is that you can't help but fall in love with these characters, you [i]genuinely care[/i] about them and want more than anything to see them overcome their troubles and live happily ever after.

[B]Azumanga Daioh[/B]
It's charming, it's endearing and it's funny beyond belief - it's Azumanga Daioh! I stumbed across this show a year or two ago completely by accident, I watched the first episode and within five minutes I was completely hooked on it. What interested me about AD is that it steers well clear of the 'teenage highschool girl story' cliches that most shows seem to revolve around and focuses almost totally on the comedy. Despite the fact that there's six primary characters (and several secondary characters of varying levels of importance) everybody gets a fair amount of screentime, sometimes it does veer on the edge of becoming the Chiyo show but luckily it never actually does. Like Air, AD manages to capture the viewers hearts with its characters, you're always rooting for Sakaki in her quest to find a cat that won't maim her, in Chiyo's attempts to find her place as a child in a young adults world and in Osaka, Tomo and Kagura's attempts to... well... finish school at all.

[B]The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya[/B]
This show seems to have taken the slapstick comedy stylings of Azumaga Daioh, the cuteness and character development of Air and the mystery of Serial Experiments Lain and moulded them into one massive gargantuan hybrid show. From a personality perspective Haruhi Suzumiya may very well be the most complex character ever to grace the world of Anime - she's eccentric, boisterous, manipulative, sometimes violent and fiercly intelligent, but on the flipside she's graceful, charming, cute as a button, multi talented and the most important (yet saddest) girl on Earth. What attracted me to this show was its depth, the characters all seem to have hidden agendas which somehow relate to the 'insignificant' Haruhi and I have a tremendous amount of respect for any company with the testicular fortitude to purposely show their work in the wrong order and make the viewer do their own reseach to watch the episodes in the correct order.

[B]Serial Experiments Lain[/B]
It's difficult to go against the norm and do something different, many shows have tried, but very few ever manage to pull it off - some, however, go above and beyond the call of duty which is exactly where Lain can be found. Lain's power lies in it's ability to decieve the viewer (in many ways this shows reminds me of David Lynch's 'Twin Peaks' or one of his many groundbreaking movies) with false clues, lines of thought which end abruptly and a story so complex (yet intriguing) that you'll want to keep watching just to see how far they're willing to push the envelope. The complexity of this show really seperates the men from the boys, I loved it for the many ways it caould be interpreted, for the further discussion it demands and for its uncompromising nature.

[B]Ghost In The Shell: The Stand Alone Complex[/B]
Like many people, the original Ghost In The Shell movie was my first feature length Anime experience so I was thrilled to bits when I discoved the series upon its UK DVD release. Whichever way you choose to look at it GITS:TSAC is a masterpiece and the new benchmark for futuristic, Sci-Fi Anime. I'm a massive appreciator of art so I was reduced to a dribbling wreck when I saw the New Port City cityscape for the first time, I mean, the attention to detail in this series is just mindblowing, it just goes to show that you can spend a fortune on a project and have it look good, take note Hollywood.

Choosing my faves in an order would be hard so I'll just list them.

[B]Azumanga Daioh:[/B] I was originally introduced to this like many other people, seeing it in a magazine or an advert etc. However, my real love for it started when I bough the first volume on DVD for £10. Considering it had 5 episodes on it, I thought "Why not?" And I've never looked back on that decision. What I love about it is its sheer imense humour and gentle tone. Normally, a lot of comedy seems to derive from ecchi kind of scenes, but Azumanga took it to a whole new level. It never needed any sexual reference or anything in particular, but it still remained a hilarious and cute story. While I may not have seen the whole series, I don't think I'll ever get bored of it. Mainly because of a certain character... Osaka! XD

[B]ELfen Lied:[/B] Some of you may be thinking how an anime like this could make it into my top five. While I hate violence and dismemberation, I fell for the fluid and slick art of this series. The manga may have had a few questions in its art, the anime's was some of te best I'd seen in a while. What really got me into Elfen Lied was wanting to discover the whole story behind Kouta and Nyu's relationship. What I love above anything else is a solid story behind a series, and Elfen Lied's was top notch. I admit it was rather depressing and morbid at times (Poor puppy...) i quickly looked the other way about it and just wanted o continue with the main story. I suppose it's an anime that I can relate to. When the world treats you differently, you want to change it.

[B]Shuffle!:[/B] Again, the animation and beautiful art all around was what attracted me at first. After watching a few episodes though, I began liking it even more. The characters were very well designed and I believe that their personalities contrast well with each other. While it may have been on the slightly ecchi side, the story and development of the characters is what relaly kept me hooked. Many of the characters I could laugh at and still enjoy their roles, while others I could dislike but still know how important they were. I admit I was a bit disappointed by its ending and who Rin ended up with but it was a great series nonetheless.

[B]Kanon:[/B] I thoroughly enjoyed the manga to the extend that I wanted to create something similar to it. I loved the cute character design and it slightly influences my main style of drawng anyway. Yet again, it was a harem kind of series, but those are the ones I like mostly. I found that Yuuichi is very much like me in personality, abrupt and frank, not realising fully if you hurt people until they tell you.

[B]Cardcaptors:[/B] I'm a bit of a sucker when it comes to the magical girl genre, but Cardcaptors was one of those animes that I could watch over and over and still be entertained. The music was an important factor in my decision, since I loved the opening songs. Yet again, the complex story and relationships are what kept me glued to the screen.

• 2 weeks later...
TOP 5! ok well since i cant pick, these r in random order

HELLSING- awesome anime, great art,storylines dark and refrences real life(Vlad Tepes). Its 13 episodes long so its affordable....Did i mention it has Vampires.
P.S. Alucard(backwards)=Dracula XD

ELFEN LIED- awesome gory anime, amazing art, storylines dark(nothing to do with elfs). Its 13 episodes long so its affordable....This show is awesome,deep, and has a good ending.

BESERK- awesome goryness, amazing artwork, dark storyline, 26? episodes long(havent seen it in a while) so it wont cost to much.... Great anime!

---starting to see a pattern...gory,dark,good artwork...

ORPHEN- awesome awesome awesome, great art(ill settle for nothing less!), great storyline(darkish...) two seasons with 26 episodes per season. First seasons great...second one's not that great..one of my all time faves.

Samurai X- need i say more?.....well i will cause u said to. BEST ART EVER,gory, dark, based on real ppl,short cheapish AWESOME doesnt get much better than this!

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=indigo]Wow, it's been a while since I came here and post something. And what a better way to post again that in a "what's your favorite..." thread ^^.

My top 5 are not in any particular order. It's basically the shows I remember the most and that I could identify myself with one or more of the character at the time. Some of the titles are kinda old-school, but hey, I've been a fan for a while. :animeswea

1) [B]Robotech/Macross[/B] : First time I saw it was in 1986 I think, when the local TV started airing it. Love it completely at the time, because of the mecha (of course) and also the way the characters interacted between them. Not all that great now because of today's standards but I still love the show.

2) [B]Last Exile[/B] : What it got me into it was mainly the artwork, more so because if was based on Range Murata's stuff and I like his art. Another thing was that I am quite fond of Studio Gonzo's work. Story wise, it was one of the most appealing plot's, to me of course, and at the time it got released, it was a welcome change. Loved it, to the point that I still load up the DvD's and just sigh ^^.

3) [B]Neon Genesis Evangelion[/B] : Well, it's a favorite to a lot of people, and a must see for most anime fans. Appealing characters, very deep plot (too deep for some), good looking mecha scenes; pretty much has everything an anime fan likes in his/her anime. It got me hooked into anime again when I saw it back in 1998, along with Ninja Scrolls, which I still own both in VHS lol. One of the best series ever made in my humble opinion.

4) [B].Hack//SIGN[/B] : Being a gamer, when I first saw this series I got completely hook to it. Everything about it I loved, form the visuals to the music, it totally blew me away. I remember wondering about a game, a MMO that could be something like the series. It was something different, for me a welcome change to the harem shows I was watching at the time.

5) [B]Witch Hunter Robin[/B] : When I first read about this series, I was unsure if I would like it or not. Seeing that most of the people involved in the making, were people that in the past I've liked what they did, but something about the whole witch theme kinda had me cautious. When I saw the first episode, I knew I was going to like the series as a whole, and I did. It has some so-so episodes, but overall, a very interesting and fun series to watch. And besides, one of my favorite VA's of all time is there so it was a +.

[U]Some others very much worth mentioning:[/U]

--Ah My Goddess OVA's, movie and TV series
--Perfect Blue
--Millenium Actress
--Hand Maid May
--Noir
--Ninja Scroll
--Ghost in the Shell movie(1998 or so), GitS:SAC and GitS:SAC 2nd GiG (awesome)

I could continue mentioning but meh, long list so I'll leave it at that for now.[/COLOR]

Can't say I've seen a bunch of animes, but out of the ones I have seen, here are my favorites (counting down to my all-time fav).

5. [b].hack//SIGN[/b] - The unigue thing about //SIGN is that the show doesn't really have a lot 'going on' throughout the entire show, but it is still really deep and interesting. Not the kind of show you wanna watch if you're looking for non-stop action and lots of shiny explosions, //SIGN instead captivates you with deep characters and really beautiful art. The few, short, and far-apart action scenes there are in the show are pretty well done, but what really shines about it is how you can literally see how the characters mature and grow stronger through their interactions with one another.

As an obsessive .hack fan, having collected everything there is .hack (even the freakin' trading cards), the original .hack anime holds a special place on my DVD shelf, because it's what started my .hack craze.

4. [b]Excel Saga[/b] - All of my friends are trying to get me into "Bobobo", or whatever it's called, but Excel Saga will always hold a special place in my heart, for its insanity, almost hilariously HUGE number of out-of-show references, and genuinely hilarious humor. Take a main character who is probably about as intelligent as a brick and talks at about six billion miles a minute, a martian princess who dies about eight times per episode, and a bishi organization leader bent on taking over the world (one prefecture at a time), and you get ACROSS, the three-member organization that is technically considered the 'good guys'.

Add in all the other secondary characters, like Pedro, a foreign worker with the worst luck ever, a group of interns that work as civil servants while gallavanting around as the Power Rangers, not one, but TWO sexy female androids (not including several hundred clones of said androids), roughly three-thousand cute space aliens bent on world domination, The afro-sporting Nabeshin (the director of the show), the crazy Koshi Rikdo, author of the mangas, and the main antagonist (though you really don't see much of him), the nefarious That Man, and you've got what probably has to be the craziest anime ever, bar none. (<--- Longest single sentence ever typed.)

For added fun, turn on the 'Menchi Notes' on the DVD by scrolling through the subtitle options. You'll notice things you never even looked at the first time you went through the series.

3. [b]Hellsing[/b] - Okay, so maybe the storyline could've used work (at least follow the books' plotline!), but I still think Hellsing is a pretty sweet show, with its stylish look and creepy characters. Alucard, though his power seems to be [u]drastically[/u] toned-down from the books, is possibly the single most badass character I will ever see, with an evil smile and arrogance that he can easily back up with skill (and two wicked pistols). The jazzy soundtrack took some getting used to at first, but once I got comfortable with it, I realized that it fit with the stylish graphics and animation really well. Definitely the best vampire anime - or even vampire show, period - I've ever seen. Can't wait for the new series, though, which supposedly is actually going to follow the manga.

2. [b]Azumanga Daioh[/b] - Okay, so this one probably feels a bit out of place with the rest of my picks, but for someone that admittedly spends a lot of time watching 'darker' shows, Azumanga Daioh feels like a breath of fresh air when I'm not feeling up to watching some of my other shows. The characters all have their own quirks, and the entire show just has this 'good feeling' to it. Having read the books before watching the show, I knew I was getting into some funny stuff, but having the characters actually moving around, with their own voices (which seem oddly appropriate for them) really brings the humor to life.

1. [b]Elfen Lied[/b] - When a series can affect you so profoundly on an emotional level as Elfen Lied did to me, it [i]has[/i] to be number one. A story about those who are not truly evil, but merely misunderstood, where every character has their own dark past that comes back to haunt them time and time again. In a show where it cannot truly be said that there are any real good characters or bad characters, and where the line between right and wrong becomes blurred into nothing, I just couldn't help but keep watching this admittedly depressing series, only hoping that somehow everyone would find their own happy ending. [spoiler]Which, of course didn't happen, but it's actually better that way, I think.[/spoiler]

There were, in fact, several points at which I actually cried while watching this show. Some of the things that happen to the characters are just so horrible, that I really couldn't help but feel better about my own life. Lucy, in particular, has had such a terrible life, that it becomes much easier to understand why she became a homicidal killing machine after you've seen some of the flashbacks. And by the time the last episode (in my humble opinion, the best single episode I've ever seen in any show, ever) comes around, all of the 'good' guys have gone through so much misery, that perhaps the ending that the makers chose to go with could be seen as a 'happy' one.

And, of course, the title music, 'Lilium', is probably the best music I've heard in an anime, and I think it's kinda neat how it's the only song that ever plays throughout the series, only with little variations in it.

Honorable mention:
-Gundam WING
-Mahoromatic
-FLCL
-Blue Gender
-.hack//DUSK (Legend of the Twilight)