OtakuBoards

Has Anyone Noticed...

Mr. Maul

Actually, i'm still here because i've been suspended for ten days for lighting a kids hair on fire, i just got back from the hearing and i get to go back on the 5th, so meanwhile i've been terrorizing the forums! [^_^]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Lovely.

I do my usual daily visit, but I'm afraid it's normally only to check my section and see if anything needs moderation. Luckily almost everyone who posts in my section is really good natured and posts well, so it's normally just a quick glance and gone. Now that I'm involved in a few RP's, I do check on those. It's actually part of my daily net routine.
[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Knuckles' Girl'][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I was thinking of something else too, alot of members here are still in school so that could be a reason too.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Yeah school. Or maybe work. Or raising kids. Or some kind of odd combination of the three. Let's face it we're all out leading lives of one thing or another and sometimes we just can't find time to post.

Then we come back and find that they've moved things on us! :animestun Why!?

Oh well at least there's proof that will all still live.[/color][/font][/size]

The only thing that sort've....shoots down that idea. Is that it seems like during breaks from school there is a bigger drop off then when the 'pups' are still in school.

Now of course during midterm and finals that's a different tune.

Also common now Knuckles' Girl, I know how those Active duty guys work. 8-4 and home, so give him the kids and come back to us!

This is all irrelevent. The reason for this supposed 'drop-off' is that I have returned. People are cowering in fear. It's as simple as that.

Mwahaha.

... ...

Oh, right. Need to make a point here, don't I?

I seem to remember, a while back, that OB was 'slower' than it used to be. I remember being in an AIM chat room and it came up as a discussion. The next day around 140 people joined or some amazing crap like that. It's just ebb and flow. Relativity. Also, I do remember reading once that people tend to feel their days are longer when spring comes, and the body has to adjust to more visible sunlight. Changes perspectives and whatnot.

Odd, isn't it?

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I'll take the blame. I forgot to host the Official OtakuBoards Whine Day last fall. I'll be sure to run it again this year so people don't get mad and leave. >_>

XD

Anyway... normal ebb and flow? Moving on? School, blah, blah, blah? I do know that like Darren said we do have a nice shiny prominent link over on theO's main page, so hopefully that will generate some more activity around here. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote=Gavin][SIZE=1]*Prepares a long dull speech about how in the old days we weren't worried about how busy the site was and just enjoyed it*

Back in my day...Zzzz...Zzzz...Zzzz[/SIZE][/quote]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]I see by your join date that your day and my day were more than likely the same day.

Give or take.

Zzzz...

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[size=1]Let's put it this way: I remember when I thought that being the only person online was freaking amazing. It never happened. Now, it's an altogether too common occurence. =[ It makes me sad.

I like the sound of a big shiny link to OB.[/size]