OtakuBoards

St. Patrick's Day!

chibi-master

[quote name='Drizzt Do'urden']There's a statistic Chibi(horsewoman) that I can't quote off the top of my head, but I'm sure that at least one person on here as heard of it or knows it.

It's an outrageous amount of people claim to have Irish blood, though actually don't have any. Mostly for the "joy of being Irish" I suppose. I know I'm some sort've super low number like an eighth Irish or something to that effect. Nothing worth saying "Hey I'm Irish" because there's too much other stuff watering me down.

I'm a mutt and proud of it.[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]That statement was said in sarcasm and with the idea in mind of the Irish saying: There are two kinds of people in the world: The Irish and everyone who wishes they were Irish.

Plus I'm mixed too Irish and first nation! And my daughter is a Heinz 57! Wee!

But still, I'm proud of being both.[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Drizzt Do'urden']There's a statistic Chibi(horsewoman) that I can't quote off the top of my head, but I'm sure that at least one person on here as heard of it or knows it.

It's an outrageous amount of people claim to have Irish blood, though actually don't have any. Mostly for the "joy of being Irish" I suppose. I know I'm some sort've super low number like an eighth Irish or something to that effect. Nothing worth saying "Hey I'm Irish" because there's too much other stuff watering me down.

I'm a mutt and proud of it.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I vaguely remember that the statistic for the numbers of people with Irish ancestry sits somewhere around the two-hundred million mark, though that's going down as far as someone with one Irish great-grandparent as far as I remember. Personally I think regardless of how much (or little) ancestry you hold of a culture, so long as you identify with it and believe it to be a part of yourself you can legitimately call yourself a part of that culture.[/SIZE]

[color=green][size=4][font=monotype corsiva]Hey ya'll Happy St. Patrick's day. Today is my friend Tom's brother's birthday- the kid is coincidentally named Patrick :rolleyes:

Anyways it was supposed to be a happy St, Patrick's day for me because I was supoosed to work the 7-3 shift then have the afternoon (the gorgeaous 60 degrees (15C) and sunny afternoon) off to spend with my daughter. Unfortunately our original HCC quit and the LPN we have over from Buffalo is a bit of a stubborn old nag. Yeah, they even expected me to work Friday after I have a root canal :animesigh.

So long story short I get to wear my shamrock socks and my [B]Everybody Loves an Irish Girl[/B] t-shirt. (Too bad I don't have one like the one on my banner because that would kick butt!) and work with my resident director who really doesn't like me too much. :animeswea

Ciede Mil File ya'll![/color][/font][/size]

Have fun Shy. Don't get [I]too[/I] wasted. =P

I don't have huge plans for this evening. The only thing I'm doing is getting together with some of my friends to play games. We'll probably end up playing something like Diablo II. There's a good chance some of them will get plastered though. Any time we get together like that, they usually do.

[quote name='Drizzt Do'urden']Spring break is a variable holiday Chibi (hint, hint).

My St. Patties day ended up rather drab. Instead of kicking it at a local pub I ended up helping my fiancee study for her final today.

I guess some things are more important....but did she have to pinch me [I]after[/I] I offer to help?[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Yeah, my Spring Break isn't until this September. Yes! This fall I get to have my first real vacation (holiday) in about 6 years!

And Drizzt, she did have to pinch you if you weren't wearing green. It's the rules. :p

Okay so now that St. Patrick's day is over, when is the Easter/Passover thread Chibi #2?[/color][/size][/font]